We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cordial Mogan Valle with a toddler... ?

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cordial Mogan Valle with a toddler... ?

Hi there

My husband and I love the look of these apartments but is it advisable with a toddler - are the balconies safe, are there just too many stairs, will they provide a travel cot, are the kitchenettes/appliances good enough to properly cook? I've also seen quite a few reviews that come from seemingly grumpy (possibly older) people complaining about children here. I don't want to holiday somewhere where I'll feel like I need to apologise for my child all the time (she is well behaved but typically boisterous). Will we be welcome?

Also, would you recommend Mogan in general for a small child. I have visited once a long time ago (>14 years) when I was childless and young. I remember the harbour and town are beautiful but I don't recall the beach being all that special... Would we be better off staying somewhere like Puerto Rico?

Many thanks in advance, Lauren

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cordial Mogan Valle with a toddler... ?

The apartments are great for families with young children. the balconies are safe, the fence is bars but the not wide enough to get head in between. we have been 5 times now, first time our daughter was 10 months old, last time 3 years old with 2 year old brother. we would not gone back 5 times unless it worked for the kids and ourself- happy kids on holidays is a must or otherwise hard work ha ha...

things to watch out for in the apartment; sharp corners on furniture e.g. bedside table and the towelracks in bathroom has supersharp corners so I always put towels around the corners just in case...stonefloor but think that's not unusal in canaries?

kitchen is ok equipt, only 2 saucepan, one mini one massive and 2 hotplates and one or maybe 2 frying pans, its hard to fit 2 things on the hob if using one of the big ones but its ok you know, its no masterchef but aboslutly ok to coo with. I would recommend to bring own shopping board has a fobia of dirty chopping boards wherever I go... cots provided, you rquest when you book and then I have sent a reminder (by email) just before we go. there has always been the cots requested when we arrive. there are lifts to all floors so no need to carry pushchairs... I would request an apartment "high up away from pool and bar area" it means more walking but its more quiet during the day and early evening when those areas are busy ..im thinking if toddler napping in afternoon... at night we have never had any nosy neighbours and balcony light switched off at 11pm... its great! I have written more stuff about why I think its good on the tripadvisor apartment review page... beach is big enough for toddler and harbour great for looking at fish in clear water. there are 2 playgrounds near centre, and one up a small hill pposite apartment but theres trees around there which is good for shade but also bird poo... ballpit etc at apoartment and minidisco jay! finally have never had any negative comments or looks or overheard anything from other guests and we have been different times in the year when its been different kind of guests and nationalites. hope this helps :)

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cordial Mogan Valle with a toddler... ?

Thank you Chalky - we have chosen to go to Lanzarote instead now as flights were better timed for us but will definitely keep the Cordial in mind for future hols on the strength of your recommendation. :)

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cordial Mogan Valle with a toddler... ?

Lovely - our friend who has a 2 year old went to lanzarote and loved it :) have a great time!

runcorn
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cordial Mogan Valle with a toddler... ?

Just read your comments on here, thank you so much we have just booked the apartments for August with 2 little ones (3 & 5) and I was concerned over the balconies and everyone keeps suggesting staying higher up but you have put my mind at ease. Is it expensive to eat out as we are planning on doing our own bfasts and some lunches and eating out each night?

Thank you

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cordial Mogan Valle with a toddler... ?

Hi - we were in Puerto Mogan during the last 2 weeks and were averaging 40-50 euros total for lunch/dinner for three of us including desserts, a couple of beers and a small carafe of house wine. This was in the nicer places and there were cheaper cafe/restaurants if you are on a budget. Conversely there are also some ' high end ' restaurants where it would cost you nearer 100 euros at dinner. Hope this helps.

6. Re: Cordial Mogan Valle with a toddler... ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics