We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

Hi, never been to this part of GC before. We like chilling out in bars and nice meals and sitting on the beach. Don't want overcrowed discos etc. Is this the right place for us or could someone recommend somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,664 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

Providing you're not looking for any late night entertainment it will suit you fine, nice beach and some great restaurants. You can easily travel up to Puerto Rico for a night or two out using the public bus service in the evening but you would need a taxi back late at night. On saying that if you're happy with a drink then a few bars stay open until the small hours. During the daytime the coastal ferry services are good to use to get out and about as well as the buses.

bournemouth
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

have to agree with mondeo1

i have been going to GC For about 20 odd years now (am single 58 female)

i started in PDI then moved round to PR

Now its always Puerto Mogan, laid back easy going good food beautiful beach blah blah blah Could go on and on !!!

a good day to have a day trip to Las Palmas city is on a friday to avoid the market day its hugely busy and can be unpleasant

on the odd occasion when i cant get PM i go to Amadores

have a great time

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

Mogan is beautiful. While most of the bars do close around midnight, there there are a few that are open with a little guitar music till 2AM-ish. It is totally safe and the beach and small marina are beautiful. Pleanty of cafes/restaurants and NO hassle from staff trying to coax you in.

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

Thank you for all the replies.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

Well Spsiggy, now I'm curious as to where you will head. Hope you come back and let us have a report of your trip, wherever you choose. :-)

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

All responses are accurate. It's lovely, a bit small, if you like it fairly quiet it's perfect but there are plenty of good restaurants to choose from - plenty of recommendations on this site. As said, going to Las Palmas for the day is a must - there is a bus, and the ferry trip to PR is nice - better than PR itself, of that I'm not a fan.

7. Re: Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 am, February 19, 2015
Edited: 2:41 am, February 19, 2015
yorkshire
Level Contributor
161 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

We were a forty something couple when we went a few years ago - and we were looking for somewhere small, with character and nice restaurants/bars. We loved it! We found there were plenty of restaurants to choose from and we found a few late night bars. We got ferry to Puerto Rico - but didn't stay long as it was a bit of a culture shock after Puerto Mogan! Definitely recommend it.

scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

Hi I go to Mogan for my 3rd time on Saturday, Is the new road a toll road.

John

Bonny Cold Scotland

bournemouth
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Puerto de Morgan suitable for two forty somethings????

hi john

went to PM from maspalomas on the bus in november 2013

didnt see any toll booths . straight run thro . was very impressive

deliberately didnt go on a friday!!! but did find it was much busier than ever before

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics