We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

I believe the hotel has two sittings for dinner in the evening and you are given a table at the sitting of your choice for the duration of your holiday. Can anyone tell me what happens at breakfast time. Is it free sitting or again are you given a table? Many thanks.

cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

Hi , Hannah.

I booked 2 weeks at this hotel and wish i had booked the apartments instead.

I am not one for set meal times and regimentation.

Scotland
Level Contributor
393 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

Its free sitting at breakfast plenty tables so never had to queue. As far as I know it's set meal times at the apartments too assuming you have chosen hb or fb

surrey
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

We have stayed at both and it is possible to change sittings at meal times but, of course, you would need to tell them in advance. The advantage of the apartments is that you can also choose to go self catering and have meal times entirely to suit yourselves. Cheer up Cheshire 54 I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time at Cordial Playa ;o)

Edited: 9:39 am, August 08, 2013
cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

Thanks fussy ,

Its 10 years since ive been to the canaries and fancied a change from Turkey .

Its like going back in time grabbing a sandwich at lunch and 1/2 board for meals .

The last time was in Playa Blanca , Lanzarote.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

Thank you all for your replies. This is our first time in Gran Canaria. Have done self catering elsewhere but just fancied a change so it's a hotel this time. Hotel has good TA reviews so am sure we can put up with the dining times. We will enjoy whatever I am sure.

Mentioned in this post
Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria
Canary Islands, Spain
Scotland
Level Contributor
393 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

We do the hotel on a b&b basis (booked direct via their free to join member's club) so we can still eat out of an evening. The choice is so vast at breakfast we find you need to eat very little at lunch time to keep you going until evening meal.

Z L
London, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

Hi

We've book a one week stay on half board basis at Cordial Mogan Playa via Thomas Cook. May I ask what the two set times are for dinner? Do guests have to sit at the same table throughout their stay?

Could someone please also give some recommendations on choosing rooms? We will travel with our 5-yr child and my parents.

Many thank.

Mentioned in this post
Cordial Mogan Playa
Cordial Mogan Playa
4,398 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

Hi, I read somewhere on TA that there are two sittings for dinner, not sure of the times but think it is either 6 or 6.30 and then either 8 or 8.30. You sort this on arrival which one you want. Also you are given the same table for duration of holiday. However, I believe you can change if not happy .

We are not due to go until October so the rooms for us will be pot luck!

Z L
London, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

Hi,

I got a reply from the hotel about the set meal times, which are 1830-2000 and 2100-2230. And yes, the guests can change tables, but need to inform the "maitre".

10. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics