We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Developments in Mogan

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Topic
Developments in Mogan

A petition has been started by people oposed to the large scale re development of Mogan.The plans include a large Centro Comercial in the center of Playa Mogan and extra floors added to the hotel Puerto de Mogan and many more large new developments.

The petition is available here -

change.org/petitions/…A1n

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Developments in Mogan

P.S. Are the people who are protesting this development the same ones who are in support of the 700 bed accommodation across from the Cordial Hotel. Could be a case of not in my back yard. Personally, if this development is still on the cards what they do down near the port makes no difference as the overall feeling of a quaint and uncrowded resort will disappear anyway.

Edited: 4:31 pm, June 09, 2013
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Developments in Mogan

The Minute i saw the link after checking Fussys post of it not working it was signed and received email of it being logged !!

So the local business's wont suffer ...how does this work ? i would imagine the "New Stores" will encourage people by offers ,the latest clothes ,etc etc and their buying power far out weighs what local small business's can by it and sell it for !Surely till the "Hotels" are built and filled the stores will take the trade thats already there ,thus splitting profits which local business's can ill afford to lose ...."So local business's wont suffer " ???? Confused.com

I totally agree with LizM ........it often becomes a case of "Not in my back yard " ,it was reported here on TA that they welcomed the perception of a big new hotel with shops ,bars and "Night Clubs" ....but where one goes others will follow and it appears this is exactly what is now of the cards for Mogan !..... Careful what you wish for as i said at the time !!

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
23. Re: Developments in Mogan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics