We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday worship in Puerto de Mogan?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunday worship in Puerto de Mogan?

Hi all, just wondering if there's a CofE service or anything similar here in Mogan? I thought with the expats and tourists there may be a chance...?

Any info would be great, thank you!

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Sunday worship in Puerto de Mogan?

There is a mid week evening service, but can't remember what day. I have a feeling it is a Wednesday. It is all in Spanish but I am sure visitors would be made very welcome. They usually have the doors open because of the heat. So you can watch and listen without going in.

Liz

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Sunday worship in Puerto de Mogan?

For what it's worth, is it not the same God people are worshipping?

I am sure that, whilst being on holiday, being in the house of God for a service on Sunday would be acceptable, whatever denomination one is. Just my opinion.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Sunday worship in Puerto de Mogan?

Paul - I was a bit worried about potential prescription prices, so thank you for the reassurance! I was very impressed by the care mum received at every stage, and such fluent English. I'm constantly ashamed just how meagre my grip on languages is. My Spanish is pathetic - I have a few courses that I've been trying to learn from (Rosetta Stone, Michel Thomas) but I guess there's no subsitute for actually just gettting out and about and embarrassing yourself so that locals can correct you and you learn the proper dialect etc. Have you got to grips with Spanish yourself? I imagine it's a long process.

Canarytime - I agree! I'm not actually religious myself, though (nearly two decades of catholic schooling left me comprehensively lapsed in that regard, maybe you can identify?! ;)

But my mum is CofE and she likes an English-speaking service and a few familiar hymns. Personally I like the quiet reflection time, too, and it feels appropriate in a such a beautiful place to give some kind of praise to whatever conception of creator/universal consciousness/power of nature you happen to identify with. Most days of the week I'm happy to just worship the sun. Maybe I'm a pagan at heart....!

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Sunday worship in Puerto de Mogan?

A girl after my own heart, Sally. :0)

Lerwick, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Sunday worship in Puerto de Mogan?

Catholic holy mass is celebrated every Saturday at 6.0 or 6.30 pm Winter/Summer (See slightl y tatty notice board on front elevation of little chapel). This is a "Vigil" sertvice and fulfills Sunday obligation. There is also mass same time on Wednesday otherwise toling bell from early morning for funerals Parish Priest lives in Mogan Pueblo.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Sunday worship in Puerto de Mogan?

Thanks Northman. Your information is helpful; unlike opinions from other posts!

27. Re: Sunday worship in Puerto de Mogan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics