We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cordial Mogan Playa

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Cordial Mogan Playa

Hi

Just wondering what the best option would be at this hotel , HB or Full board.

If we went half board then we would have to eat out at lunch time and not sure what this would cost in Puerto de Mogan.

Does anyone know what you get for fulll board.

Any help most appreciated

ian

surrey
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa

Hi Ian,

Full board at the Cordial Playa means breakfast, lunch and buffet evening meal. I believe there is an option of full board plus which means you would get your drinks at meals included.

Half board would mean breakfast and evening meal. It is possible to swap evening meal for lunch if preferred.

We stayed on a half board basis and this was the best option for us. The breakfasts are so vast and varied that we did not want to eat much for lunch!

There is a Spar and Hyperdino supermarket very close to the hotel where we used to buy cold meats, salads and bread for lunch. The advantage of this is that you may wish to eat lunch down by the marina or beach instead of at the hotel.

Hope this helps in some way. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask ;o)

Edited: 2:41 am, December 30, 2012
cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa

Thanks Fussy,

Any idea what the prices would be for a beer / coffee down at the marina.

ian

surrey
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa

You can get beer for 1 and a half euros at some of the bars. Sorry, don't know about the price of coffee.

Norway
Level Contributor
5 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa

I would recommend breakfast only. Mogan is full of wonderful, cosy restaurants. Dinners from about 10 euros and upwards. You will get bored with their food. Mogan is probably the best place to eat out on the island.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa

Stayed at the Cordial mogan playa 2 years ago, we paid extra for half board plus, we are looking to visit again in September this year but having difficulty finding a tour operator that offers the upgrade, does anyone know if you can upgrade with the hotel on arrival and if so how much it costs.

Thanks

Newtownabbey...
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa

I stayed at the hotel last August and was able to upgrade to half board plus at the reception on check-in. They didn't mention it as an option on but when I asked about it they gave me the costs.

Farnborough, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa

Hi, what sort of bar bill you likley to get staying a week half board? beers during the day and with evening meal, and a couple after?

How much do they charge in the hotel for a large beer? Thanks.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa

A LARGE bill is all I can say. Sorry, I can't remember prices but my husband used to pay as we went to avoid any nasty surprises at the end. I seem to recall a small bottle of water with dinner was over 2 euros!

There are two very reasonably priced supermarkets nearby where you may wish to get some of your drinks from and have them on the balcony - that is what we did to cut the costs.

It's a beautiful hotel and well worth every penny it costs for the holiday BUT drinks were very pricey.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa

Hi

Just read your review about half board plus - this includes drinks with your meal (?) but are there limitations? Would it include a couple of G&Ts and a bottle of wine? Or is it just a bottle of the house wine?

Cheers

Scotland
Level Contributor
294 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cordial Mogan Playa

House wine ,beer and sift drinks only - no spirits. Must be consumed in the restaurant oo - cannot be taken out to be consumed elsewhere in the complex

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics