We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half day walks near Puerto de Mogan?

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Half day walks near Puerto de Mogan?

Planning on visiting in April and keen to do some walks, wondered how accessible they are from P de M, would have hire car or maybe take bus?

Also wanting to rent house/appt, any pointers for quiet location with great views, large private terrace? Sleeps 5?

Leicester
Level Contributor
417 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half day walks near Puerto de Mogan?

As no one else has answered your post below are details, from our trip report from Feb. 2009, of a short walk. Can't help with the accommodation as we stayed at the Cordial Mogan Valle apartments.

If you like a walk then I suggest you try the route to the tall square tower you can see at the top of the cliffs. Opposite the Cordial Mogan Valle Apartments is a road/track that snakes up the hill side. It looks very steep but in fact is just a steady climb (we are both OAPs). Just at the start of the track you come to a barrier with a “No Paseo” sign and a pedestrian no entry sign. Ignore this! We were concerned but a German couple said they and loads of people go up. At the top turn left just as you pass through the green gates and follow the obvious path round the water tank and on down the slope (If you go straight on along the deserted road I assume you get to Mogan but we only went about a kilometre). Nice views of the sea and if you’re lucky snow on Mount Teide on Tenerife. An obvious path leads to the tower which you can walk round the base without too much risk of vertigo. A path off to the left leads to the sheer cliff edge so if heights are a problem for you or you have kids with you don’t go too close to the edge.

Have a great time you will not be dissapointed.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half day walks near Puerto de Mogan?

Hi

These houses are about two miles away from the port and have a pool

www.espanabreaks.com/villainfo.php/7856.htm

or we have just returned from these apartments. http://www.lapuntillamogan.com We had the one with the seafront facing terrace. The views were amazing and the terrace huge. It sleeps 5 but has only two bedrooms. The 5th person would be in the lounge.

The best location we have ever had and we have been to Puerto de Mogan many times.

I agree with LeicesterGolf re the walk. Only takes about two hours if you come back the same way. I wouldn't attempt to go any further - too much of a coward.

Liz

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half day walks near Puerto de Mogan?

Thanks Liz, had a look at their website, looks good. When you said you had seaview terrace I presume that you were ground floor as you had no balcony. Am I correct in saying that these were the 100euros/night for April?

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half day walks near Puerto de Mogan?

It was first floor so I suppose it was technically a balcony but it was almost as big as the apartment itself. It was over a restaurant but there were no smells and no noise. It's not a noisy place. It is the 100 euro one.

I will give you the owners email address if you would like it. He is Spanish but his English is ok.

If you message me your email I will send you some pics

Liz

Edited: 4:55 pm, October 23, 2012
5. Re: Half day walks near Puerto de Mogan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics