We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Books available

Ireland
Level Contributor
183 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Books available

I am going to Puerto Mogan soon. Staying at Cordial Valle Apts. Does anyone know if there is a shelf of paperbacks for borrowing/swapping in the complex or at any other site? Saves carrying a lot of weight in paperbacks in my luggage.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Books available

Yes there are, in the lobby not all in English of course.

Ireland
Level Contributor
183 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Books available

Thanks a lot. I do tend to get through loads of fiction while lying around the pool. It will be my first visit to this complex. We have visited Puerto Mogan for a day but not stayed there. Any tips?

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Books available

it is my favorite place Elliie and I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the island now. I haven't stayed at that accommodation though. I stay at La Venecia aparthotel right in the centre, or privately owend apartments.

I always do a couple of boat trips to Arguineguin or P/Rico.

Look for turtles in the harbour at Arguineguin. Ask any rep at the Cordial, for details of the free "blanket" trip. It really IS a free trip. No catch. This will involve a demo/talk on wool bedding, (thus the "blanket" trip!) which lasts about an hour at most.

NO pressure selling at all!!!

Then the tour carries on a whole day trip that takes in a nice tour of a few small towns including a guided tour of Aguimes, a visit to Guyadeque and the cave dwellings, an optional lunch of typically Canarian food, and a well informed guide all the while. I have founf this to be a great way to see a tiny part of the island, that is not accessable by public transport, and we don't drive when there.

There is such a choice of restaurants you will be dizzy. La Lanterna at the far end of the seafront is wonderful, and a favorite for casual, friendly dining is the Zoo Bar.

If you want late night music/drinking, go to the two bars on the back street near the tiny church. They open about 10pm and close about 2-ish. It is where the locals go, as well as the visitors that find it?

I have already booked my flights for next May!

Edited: 12:55 pm, October 14, 2012
Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Books available

Put the books away and do as Canarytime suggests! and see the Island,you wont regret it !!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
183 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Books available

Thank you Canarytime. I have been on a blankets tour in Spain, so I know what to expect. Will give it a go. We have seen quite a bit of the island as this will be our eleventh visit! We took the organised tours at first, but now we make our own way using the buses. We have previously stayed in PDI and P. Rico. This will be our first time in P. Mogan. We are based there for two weeks then another two weeks in PDI.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Books available

Eleventh visit! You lucky thing. :-)

Have a lovely time in Mogan.

7. Re: Books available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics