We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How did you get the Church

Halifax
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How did you get the Church

Hi Liz

All the wedding photos were beautiful, you all looked lovely. My partner and I go to Puerto Rico regularly and this year will be our 4th year back. We wouldl love to get married there and bring the family but don't know where to start with the Church! I can manage to do all the restaurant bookings etc but do you know how I book the church in Pierto De Mogan?

Many thanks for any help you can offer?

Babs

1. Re: How did you get the Church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:45 am, September 27, 2013
Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How did you get the Church

For anyone wanting to be married at the little church in Puerto De Mogan.

You need to go through the Tu Casa restaurant owners as they also own the little church privately. They are quite a large family and have a commitee meeting one saturday in every month,to do with the church venues, where you need to write a letter to be presented at that comittee meeting to ask for permision to use the church. Anyone who books the Tu Casa for there wedding meal can then use the church for the wedding,

Although it is a fully registered Catholic church for fully legal marriages of catholic faith wether resident here or not going through your priest in your own country and a catholic one here to get the paperwork sorted legaly. (residents only for legal marriages of other denominations can be fully legaly married here) Not resident and not catholic you can still have a celebration marriage at this church.

Because it is privately owned, other denomination can be legaly married there as long as they can prove that they are resident here by producing 2 years of padron certificates from the town hall and address here. Instead of oficialy being married at the local town hall it can all be conducted in this little church by the Mayor coming to the church instead of you having to go up to the town hall first. Because the Mayor is officialy legaly entitled to conduct marriages and the church is legaly registered also to conduct fully legal marriages.The Mayor will do that as he is also one of the family owners of this little church. This church is the only officialy registered place in Puerto de Mogan to conduct marriages fully legaly in it, subject to the status of the people wanting to be legaly married in it.

Guillermo Bueno Marrero is the only one of that family who speaks english.

You can contact him on facebook.

Edited: 1:59 am, August 30, 2012
Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How did you get the Church

Hi Paul

The Reverend Peter Ford would appear to have an arrangement with the Church committee as he has done a couple of weddings there now. It provides some revenue for the upkeep of the church I suppose.

Tu Casa is a lovely restaurant but everybody has their own preferences for the day. My daughter wouldn't have chosen anywhere else.

Liz

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How did you get the Church

There is only one choice really for a fully legal wedding in Puerto De Mogan and that is this little church. The cordial hotel fake chapel is not registered for fully legal weddings. You can only have a celebration there after doing the fully legal bit up at the town hall in Pueblo Mogan.

Then there is only two choices of venues in Puerto de Mogan for large wedding parties with entertainment after. That is The Cordial Hotel and the Tu Casa restaurant.Nowhere else is large enough. The Puerto De Mogan hotel does not do weddings at all, or any evening entertainment.Does not have function rooms as such..

Edited: 6:58 pm, August 31, 2012
Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How did you get the Church

There will be a new catholic church built, (that wont be privately owned) opposite the Spar Supermarket on that spare land there, that has been earmarked especialy for it. I have no idea when it will be built. But the plans are all done for it.

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How did you get the Church

PS I forgot to add you also need a Residencia certificate, to prove that you are resident here,along with the two years of Padron certificates from your local town hall here, for any legal marriage to be allowed, (Except Catholics sorting there legal paperwork out through there local priest in there own country and the local Catholic priest here)

7. Re: How did you get the Church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, January 27, 2013
Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How did you get the Church

Anyone considering getting married in Mogan should not hesitate in contacting Guillermo Bueno Marrero.He will give you all the help he can and no one knows more about Mogan and its church than he does.One of the nicest men you will ever meet.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How did you get the Church

Hello Babs,

I just wondered if you were successful in arranging your wedding.

You only ever posted once and as I appeared to have given you the wrong information I hope you got it sorted out.

Liz

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How did you get the Church

You can also have a wedding ceremony at the Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa. The San Lotario chapel is located in the beautiful garden at the hotel. And it's not a fake chapel. The chapel is ecumenical and used by all religions.

I know people who got married there, both residents and tourists. Have a look at these beautiful photos from a wedding last December: mettebrandt.com/2012/…

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics