We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back :(

newcastle
Level Contributor
83 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back :(

Just returned home after 2 weeks holiday, our first time to Puerto Mogan and it won't be our last.

I won't repeat what everyone else has said here on TA, but for those who have not been before, just believe all the good reports as they are all true.

We stayed on a self catering basis as we like to sample the different restaurants available, and we had superb food every night.

We would particularly like to recommend the Indian Restaurant (above the shopping centre, opposite the Cordial Mogan Hotel) as prior to our holiday we had not seen them mentioned on this forum, and we feel they deserve a mention, for anyone who enjoys a good curry.

Also thanks to Juan at Canarytransfers.com whom I would recommend for transfers to and from the airport.

Punctual, professional and reliable.

Back to work tomorrow :(

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back :(

totally agree with everything you say - we have booked to go back next year staying in cordian mogan valle aprts - went to indian on first night and wish we had gone again before coming back but will next year. its the thought of having to go back to work thats the problem especially after such a faultless holiday in every way.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
150 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back :(

Hi - we are thinking about a two week trip in September but wondering if there is enough to do? We like relaxed resorts which are not overly developed but with a good choice of bars and restaurants. We usually like a few days out sightseeing. Any advice or tips?

surrey
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back :(

Book it - NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have stayed at both Cordial Valle apartments and Cordial Playa hotel and would thoroughly recommend both.

Puerto Mogan is completely unspoiled. There are plenty of bars and restaurants by the beach and harbour.

There is an excellent bus service on your door step to get you to your sightseeing places and a ferry service into Puerto Rico.

Edited: 6:31 am, January 07, 2011
newcastle
Level Contributor
83 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back :(

Hi Arieo As you will have seen from my post we went self catering for 2 weeks and ate out at a different restaurant every night, such is the choice. There were also plenty of others that we didn't get to try as we ran out of nights!!!

Every meal we had was superb, if you are thinking of going bed and breakfast or self catering you won't be disappointed.

We totally relaxed through the day to be honest so can't really comment on trips, but in comparison to other places we have been, I didn't notice a lot of excursions on offer.

We did go to Puerto Rico for one night out, but was glad to get back to Puerto Mogan. If you like busy nightlife with Karoke, etc, then Puerto Rico is for you. You won't get that in Puerto Mogan.

Hope this is helpful, if there is anything else you want to know I will advise if I can. Thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
150 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back :(

Thanks folks - helpful to know there is good choice of bars and restaurants. Tips on where to stay helpful. Are they close to marina area? I am going to investigate sightaseeing/trips in Gran Canaria now. We usually hire a car. Puerto Rico doesn't sound like our thing but we might think about staying couple of days somewhere else on island. Thanks again!

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back :(

Hi

Google 'accommodation in Puerto de Mogan' and there are lots of sites offering accommodation near the marina/port. Don't be swayed by the lure of the Cordial Valle as lovely as it is. This is a big complex with apartments more or less similar and a good 10 - 15 minute walk to the port. Take your time and look at all the options on offer.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
150 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back :(

Thank you. Tips much appreciated.

norway
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back :(

Hi so you are happy with the transfer? We are wondering if we should use Canarytransfers.com too. How many where you and did you book your own car? We are 4 adults and 1 child. Do u know if they have big cars so we could go in one?

newcastle
Level Contributor
83 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back :(

We were very happy with Canarytransfers. We sent them an enquiry via email and they responded very quickly. There were only 2 of us, but they will ask you how many passengers there are and so should be able to tell you if you will need 1 or 2 cars.

As I said they were prompt and reliable and I would definately use them again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back :(

As you've just got back and I am thinking about a first time visit - can you/anyone please tell me about Beach walking (!) We like to walk for miles along a beach - and to be honest although I love the idea and sound of Puerto De Mogan it doesn't really look as though the beach is that long or other beaches easily accessible. Can you please confirm or otherwise?

Thanks v. much - otherwise I love the sound of the place.

Marian Godwin

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics