We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving

berkshire
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Driving

We are staying at puerto morgan independantly thinking of hiring a car we arrive during the evening can anyone tell us is the drive ok to Puerto Morgan at night from the Airport (if it was during the day would not be concerned) also is it possible to use sat nav.

Our other option is to have a taxi from airport and hir a car later in the week.

Thanks for any help

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving

Its motorway all the way from the airport to Puerto Rico, so thats fine. Then it a wiggly mountain side road. Its not bad really and i find it easier in the dark as other peoples lights let you know what coming up.

You'll probably get a better deal picking up from the airport rather than cab and then rental

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Gran Canaria, Spain
berkshire
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving

Thanks for your help

Scotland
Level Contributor
128 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving

I thoroughly recommend that you hire from Autoreisen, you get the car at the airport, great service, really quick handover and car I hired was good. I had a Toyota Auris.

If you book in advance it just takes a couple of minutes at the airport.It also means you have more freedom on your hols, suggest you drive up the mountain to the lakes pat Mogan, it's an experience with lovely views.

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
4. Re: Driving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 25, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics