We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking food to Kos and questions about kalloudis appts

manchester
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Taking food to Kos and questions about kalloudis appts

Hi

We are going to the kalloudis apartments next Sunday. Please excuse what may be a stupid question but its our first time self catering and I was wondering if bath and hand towels were provided in the apartments? Also can someone please confirm if there is a hair dryer?

We will be getting to the apartments after midnight so was wondering if there are any restrictions we should be aware of in terms of taking food from the uk. We are thinking of taking a few things to make a sandwich (bread, butter, cheese) and I wanted to check if this was ok. I really don't want to have to try finding a mini market at that time of night to get something to eat.

Thanks for your help

Emma

manchester
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Taking food to Kos and questions about kalloudis appts

Thanks for that Jack! Really appreciate your help!

Tingákion...
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taking food to Kos and questions about kalloudis appts

Turn left out of the Kalloudis apts and you might find the little bakery/crepe shop will still be open until quite late - usually open at 1am and sometimes later.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Taking food to Kos and questions about kalloudis appts

Yea we have had a pie and cake from that little shop donnas on about at about 2 isn the morn so shud be open at 1

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taking food to Kos and questions about kalloudis appts

Hi Emma. We stayed at Kalloudis in 2011. Very nice apartments with a kettle. No toaster. No hairdryer either but always found hotel hairdryers not very powerful. Just to say the shower in our apartment was very small but that's the only gripe really. You'll have a lovely time. Btw. One bath towel and one hand towel per person although the bath towel isn't what i'd call a bath towel lol.

Denise :0)

Edited: 11:24 am, July 29, 2013
manchester
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Taking food to Kos and questions about kalloudis appts

Thank you all very much for your replies. Can't wait to go! Only 6 more sleeps!!

Emma

this life...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Taking food to Kos and questions about kalloudis appts

We've just returned (yesterday) from 2 weeks in Tigaki and found ONeiros supermarket to be the cheapest. The Konstantinou supermarket, next to the Aspro Spiti apartments, was expensive in comparison but had a much wider range.

The bakery opens from 7am (if I remember rightly) but we never got there before 7.30! It's down the side of Oneiros restaurant near to where the donkeys are tethered. (near sunshine apartments)

The bread on most days was still warm and at 1 euro for a loaf was lovely.

17. Re: Taking food to Kos and questions about kalloudis appts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tigaki
Recent Conversations