We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Tingaki like as a resort

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What is Tingaki like as a resort

Hello there, looking for some advice please.

Looking at travelling to Tingaki this summer, young couple early 20's

Travelled to many greek resorts, Stalis (Crete), Tsilivi (Zante), Pefkos (Rhodes)

Loved all of these places, perfect resort for us would be a selection of restaraunts plenty bars to choose from, maybe live music, music bars, nice beach. Not majorly bothered about the resort being extremely lively, ie not fussed about clubs at all, nice family/couple resort, pleasant to walk out on an evening, have a nice meal and choice for bars.

Just wondering is Tingaki would be suitable from my read up from other peoples reviews it sounds perfect, just wondering if anyone has been before and could compare it to any resorts I have been to before, just compare really, worried incase it will be to quiet for an 11 nights stay.

Thanks.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is Tingaki like as a resort

Tigaki is a laid back family/couples orientated resort, there are lots of great restaurants and several good bars including a couple of disco bars. If you fancy a change of pace one night Kos town is just a few minutes away by taxi for a more lively experience. I would say the beach is probably the best on the island.

I've not been to Stalis so can't compare but Tigaki is much smaller and quieter than Tsilivi and probably comparable to Pefkos but with a far superior beach and makes a great base for exploring the rest of the island, we love it.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is Tingaki like as a resort

I also meant to say it's mostly just one long road leading down to the beach with the majority of bars/restaurants spread out along it and some to the left and right when you reach the beach.

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is Tingaki like as a resort

Thats fantastic, sounds exactly like what we are looking for. I appreciate you help, thanks

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is Tingaki like as a resort

We always go tingaki for 2 weeks plenty of taverns to eat in live music in a few bars one or to others just music bars ( mascots) is more for the younger ones more upto date music but does get all ages in .they all stay open lateish we have been out till 4ish in the morn over years great beach friendly resort no asking you to eat in there taverns which is nice , and kos town a short bus ride away its a really nice place to stay

Karen

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,238 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is Tingaki like as a resort

I've been to 3 of the 4 in the last 12 months. Stalis is the busiest, followed by Pefkos then Tigaki. I've only been to Tsilivi once, about 20 years ago(!) and it was very busy then.

I think if you like Pefkos you will like Tigaki. As the others have said, there is a wide range of tavernas, and a few bars. Tigaki's big plus points are the lovely beach, one of the best anywhere I have ever been in Greece, and the fact that it's near to Kos Town - 25 mins by bus. The tavernas are a pretty high standard as well, like Pefkos.

da176ep
Level Contributor
222 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is Tingaki like as a resort

Have stayed in all of these resorts and think Tingaki will tick all of the boxes.It was quiet in May last year so suggest maybe going between June and the middle of september.We love Stalis too.Stayed in Tsilivi last June and this is probably a bit livelier than Tingaki.Tingaki has lots of lovely restaurants,our favourite Esperos along the beach road and there are a couple of nice bars there and a largish music bar,can't remember the name though.I am sure you will enjoy Tingaki and as people say bus goes hourly to Kos town till about 9pm and you can get a cab back.Bus takes about 20 mins and it's worth walking along the seafront and seeing all the boat trips available.

preston
Level Contributor
206 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is Tingaki like as a resort

Perfect !!!

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is Tingaki like as a resort

You will love tigaki their is plenty of bars resteraunts to choose from and it has one of the best beaches on the island and even a nudist beach near the salt lake it is a nice relaxing place to stay stayed their many times when the children were young but now they have grown up we stay in Kos town outskirts and as above esperos is a very good resteraunt

Edited: 7:18 am, March 21, 2013
9. Re: What is Tingaki like as a resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tigaki