We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny days apartments Tigaki

Wigan
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunny days apartments Tigaki

Hi, we are going to Sunny days apartments in Tigaki in four weeks time, we are seeing conflicting reports on these apartments, also people seem to be complaining about the cost of their safety deposit boxes, if anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lynjohn.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,541 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunny days apartments Tigaki

We stayed there in september 2008. We found the hotel to be fairly basic but clean. the rooms cleaned every day and regular bedding changes. we were there when XL went bust, and the managment couldn't have been more helpful.

As far as safety deposit boxes are concerned, we always have one where ever we go. can't remember how much they charged, but we didn't come away thinking we'd been ripped off in any way!!

BOB.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,541 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunny days apartments Tigaki

OH just remembered. It was quite expensive to rent a fan from them. we bought one from Konstantinos just up the road, much cheaper than renting. BUT, they don't like you to do that!! and they will remove it if they see one in your room. So when you go out stash it away in your case, they don't look in them.

BOB.

preston
Level Contributor
206 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunny days apartments Tigaki

Ifeel sorry for you!It was the worst place we have ever stayed,run down, dirty and boy can she charge for stuff,65 euros a week for air con!Perhaps things have improved since we were there in June,wer,e going back to Tingaki in a few days, but NOT there thank goodness!

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
219 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunny days apartments Tigaki

my brother and sister in law stayed here in 2007 and said it was awful! run down dirty plain horrible.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,541 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunny days apartments Tigaki

Well, Of course i can only speak for the room we had.

The paintwork was clean as was the bedding etc. furniture was on a par with most places i've stayed in greece.room was cleaned very well every day exept sunday.

Sorry you were dissapointed with the place.

BOB.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunny days apartments Tigaki

I think they did do some renovations before the start of the 2008 season as before that time the building was getting quite shabby and got some bad reviews so you should be ok now.

preston
Level Contributor
206 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunny days apartments Tigaki

Wetook our grandchildren in June this year and the place is both dirty and dangerous,light fittings hanging out of walls,pool never cleaned,beds and bedding full of stains and holes.The owner is not concerned about her guests just how much she can fleece them for! The Thomas Cook rep said they've had lots of complaints about the place and are seriously considering getting rid!Wouldn't go again if you paid me.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunny days apartments Tigaki

That's terrible, it sounds as if they have two accommodation blocks, one newer than the other. I know last year they did not open until June (the second week of our stay at the Sagittarius) as they had no bookings until then.

Bob - if you could say where your apartment was situated then maybe the OP can try to ensure they get one of those.

If you are not happy with their pool many of the other owners are very happy for people to use their pools as long as you buy something at their pool bar. The new one at Socrates is lovely and a minute or so away from Sunny

Days.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,541 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunny days apartments Tigaki

Can't remember what the room number was. all i can say is, our balcony faced out to the left of the building, if viewed from the front.

BOB.

10. Re: Sunny days apartments Tigaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Tigaki