We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Rojo Car Rentals

NH
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo Rojo Car Rentals

Does anyone know if there is a car rental place in Cabo Rojo/Boqueron/Combate? We willl be there from 12/21/2010 to 1/16/2011. I have called Charlie's in Aguadilla and they want $1,419 for the smallest car. I don't want to buy it, I just want to rent it!!!!!!!!!

Help!!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
317 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Rojo Car Rentals

Try a firm called Payless, although I only know of their San Juan location near the airport. Otherwise, rent a scooter!

NH
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Rojo Car Rentals

Ja! Ja! Ja! Should I pick you up?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
317 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo Rojo Car Rentals

I won't be around there until January! Boo hoo!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo Rojo Car Rentals

Car rentals in PR have never been cheap. Charlie's one of the cheapest per day. There are some small local rental companies but they hardly advertised and you just bump into them. I saw one of this "companies" in Anasco, on my way to Aguadilla with a big sign of "autos para alquiler, aceptamos efectivo" = cars for rent, we accept cash, so that gives you and idea of what type of company it is.

NH
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo Rojo Car Rentals

Thanks so much. I just rented a car with Ace Car rental for $710 for a month. Great deal. I called Charlie's yesterday and they still wanted $1,400. So guess what? Good Bye Charlie.

Thanks a bunch. D.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
317 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo Rojo Car Rentals

Hahaha! Screw Charlie! LOL. Please report back here on the forum about local finds in Cabo Rojo! Thx!

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo Rojo Car Rentals

As far as I understand Ace is an affiliate of Charlie, and sometimes Ace charges a substantial lower amount than renting with through Charlie directly. It would be interesting to find out how your rental went.

Edited: 5:25 pm, December 15, 2010
8. Re: Cabo Rojo Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 am, June 14, 2011