We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any self catering places on Gili Air?

Which Gili Air hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are there any self catering places on Gili Air?

I am planning our next vacation to Indoesia and we were planning on spending 2-3 weeks in the Gili Islands, possibly Gili Air.

But as we are travelling with a 3 year old I was wondering if anyone knew of any reasonably priced places with kitchen facilities or maybe apartments that are for rent. I think it would just make life easier for him after 3 weeks of travelling to have a bit of space.

Any ideas on Gili Air or any of the other islands?

Thank you

Bodø, Norway
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any self catering places on Gili Air?

There are some smaller houses that you can rent if you stay for a while. Most bungalows do not have kitchen since eating out is cheap. If you are going in the low season you want have any problems finding somewhere to stay. I would not realy worry about having a lot of space though because I dont think you will spend a lot of time inside. I spent a year with my one year old daughter on Gili Air and the garden was the most used place. Gili Air is a wonderful place for small children:)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any self catering places on Gili Air?

The food is so cheap I would not worry about any self catering. You will have trouble sourcing the items you need to cook and when you actually work out the cost it winds up being cheaper to just eat at the restaurants. We have been several times to the Gili Islands starting from when our child was 18 months onwards and it has never been a problem with food. Take a break from cooking and just enjoy how cheap it is to eat and drink. Also, most places are really clean and there are lots of food choices for your child. We just got back from another trip there and again it was a perfect holiday.

3. Re: Are there any self catering places on Gili Air?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gili Air