We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any more info on villa unggul ?

Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
any more info on villa unggul ?

hello

going in Feb and trying to get more info on this place. The TA reviews are good ( but no recent reviews and very few photos..) Can anyone who stayed there provide info on the following:

1- their website, if any

2- the rooms set-up ( ex room in separate bungalow ? or duplex style) and is there a covered terrace in room ?

3- the main building second floor... are these rooms ?

4- how many rooms ? are they all the same or different types ?

5- is north end far from the "downtown" action and if lots of rain, is it easy walking to get in town (or will I skate in mud in rainy season) Heard that part of the main road is not paved, but not sure where the pavers stop on the way up north.

6- any other usefull info or photos ??

thanks

Edited: 10:42 am, January 06, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any more info on villa unggul ?

It is a little way from main area but depends on your requirements is quieter area set back off road and being two storey you get nice aspect from upstairs I've seen upstairs rooms with balcony area seems bit weird setup to be honest room was nothing special and bit of waste of useable space I would suggest pondak santo or Kokimos for the price as ungul is quite expensive

Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any more info on villa unggul ?

thanks. I have looked into pondok and kokomo are too expensive for my budget ( over 4 weeks in Bali and Lombok) ...looking for more in the $80 US range.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any more info on villa unggul ?

oops scratch that

Edited: 2:01 am, January 09, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any more info on villa unggul ?

Try gilli exotic villas

Western Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any more info on villa unggul ?

Hi Axc, we will be at Villa Unggul on the 22nd January. I will try to update this thread then fi that's any help?

Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any more info on villa unggul ?

great, we need all the info we can about this place

planet earth
Level Contributor
404 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any more info on villa unggul ?

Hi axc we are here now. The bungalows are duplex style, spacious with bedroom and separate spacious bathroom. There is a very small front porch with a couple of chairs but not really a good area to sit . I will try to get their website. I have not been upstairs I will ask them if I can have a look. It's about ten minutes stroll from the main harbour market area and thee are shops all along the way. It has persisted down since we got here and the main road is muddy in parts with big puddles. We have hired bicycles and the back roads are a bit boggy but the main road is ok. The pool is very large but seems a little murky or cloudy. We have had a swim but not put our heads in the water because of this. There are a few sun lounges on the beach but only three around the pool in pretty bad shape one is actually broken. Breakky is good eggs bacon croissants fruit, juice coffee. Snorkelling out front is good. It's the ideal location in my opinion. The rooms are ok it's just the pool and the loungers that need some attention.

I will try to get you some more info in answer to your original questions.

Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any more info on villa unggul ?

excellent, very gratefull for your report.. seems that villa almarik ( closeby) maybe be a better choice then same price)

planet earth
Level Contributor
404 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any more info on villa unggul ?

Have stayed in Almarik also, though not as recent. It is almost exactly the same layout and buildings, like twins actually! Almarik has a much smaller pool but it was always crystal clear salt water. Unggul still doesnt seem to have had their filter on in the last 24 hours, the water looks even murkier and we have decided we wont be swimming in it the next 3 days...such a shame really.

Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any more info on villa unggul ?

indeed, its one of the largest pools, based on google earth..maybe be too expensive to maintain

Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan