We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Female Traveller at Christmas - Gili Islands

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Solo Female Traveller at Christmas - Gili Islands

Hi all,

I have two lovely weeks off at Christmas so want to get away somewhere beautiful and hot, and the Gili Islands are my first choice.

I've never really travelled, but have holidayed alone and lived by myself abroad so that side of things doesn't bother me. Just wondered what the general vibe is like on the Gili Islands over Christmas time...will it be fine travelling solo? Lots of like-minded people?

Any advice appreciated on where the best places to stay are for solo female travellers (i.e. where other solo travellers may be located). Budget isn't shoestring but the lower the better :).

Any help appreciated. Thanks all!!

Mentioned in this post
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
945 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
planet earth
Level Contributor
407 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Solo Female Traveller at Christmas - Gili Islands

Hi Sudiah, I have heard varying stories about the boats but just for information we chartered a local boat (not speed boat) on Sunday 19th Jan from Lombok to Meno and then Wednesday the 22nd caught the local boat from Meno to Trawangan at 8.45am. We have booked a speed boat from Trawangan to Lombok for tomorrow morning. I think its a case of wait and see what the conditions are like on the day maybe?

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
The Trawangan Resort
The Trawangan Resort
513 Reviews
Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Solo Female Traveller at Christmas - Gili Islands

Franzchristof..I would reaaaaly appreciate a pm with decent $30 ish a night places.Can't decide where to go..we have 9 days,2 old Aussies love snorkelling,beach bars,local food.....maybe 3 days each in Sengiggi,Gilli T and Gilli Air...HELP.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Solo Female Traveller at Christmas - Gili Islands

B0rn2, yes it is a case of play it by ear. As you will have experienced, the weather and seas can be quite rough right now.i am not on the gili and you are, my information is coming from hotel operators im in touch with, yours is first hand. I believe that boats will go if they can, they have to. The Gili need supplies of food, water, fuel, and tourists.

Mentioned in this post
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
planet earth
Level Contributor
407 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Solo Female Traveller at Christmas - Gili Islands

Yes, some days have been rougher than others. The big worry is the fast boats but we always go by air anyway.

25. Re: Solo Female Traveller at Christmas - Gili Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan