We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the situation with the Alcohol at the moment

Which Gili Trawangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the situation with the Alcohol at the moment

My sons are going in April and am worried about alledged problems with the alcohol has this been cleaned up

can anyone who has been there lateley tell me. Thanks in advance

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Whats the situation with the Alcohol at the moment

It is a local Gili Trawangan initiative and limited to there.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Whats the situation with the Alcohol at the moment

GreenT007, the APGT stickers is only on Gili Trawangan, which is part of Lombok. I don't know what is in place in Bali, it is an entirely different local government. I am aware of business owners on Gili Air who want to put a similar system in on Gili Air and something less 'official' has been put in place by many business there.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Whats the situation with the Alcohol at the moment

The APGT stickers are not a government sponsored action, rather it is a commercial one.

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Whats the situation with the Alcohol at the moment

But all good. At least visitors to Gili Trawangan know where is safe to drink. A good idea and it could be rolled out to other areas in Lombok and Bali.

Edited: 10:23 am, April 05, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Whats the situation with the Alcohol at the moment

It was my understanding that the local desa was also involved, but of course the drive is from the businesses themselves and they certainly would be the sponsors in terms of any money involved.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Whats the situation with the Alcohol at the moment

Yes there is local level involvement of that nature, what I meant was no involvement in formal Government at Kec, Kab, Provincial or National level.

They appear to be trying to define who may provide alcoholic beverages (in a commercial context) to consumers on the island .

17. Re: Whats the situation with the Alcohol at the moment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan