We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight back from Gili T to Lombok

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Flight back from Gili T to Lombok

Hi people!

I'm a 23 years young solo traveller & I need advice as to whether should i get back to Kuta Lombok from Gili T. one day before my flight or can i just get back on that day itself from Gili T. Do the boat arrive as early as 7 in the morning? Because im kinda worried if i might miss my flight if i get back on that day itself. Ohh, & one more, is Rp 250,000 too much for an airport pick up service from Denpasar airport to Tune Hotel Kuta bali which is like a 15 mins drive? Please advise! Thank you very much! :)

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Lombok, Indonesia
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight back from Gili T to Lombok

Yes that airport pickup does seem a little expensive.

What time does your flight depart LOP (Lombok ), and which airline is it?

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight back from Gili T to Lombok

If you go to the taxi rank at drnpasar airport a taxi should only be about 50000rp. So 250000 is excessive.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight back from Gili T to Lombok

While you're there Herc, can you please advise if I can book my Lion Air flight to Lombok before we go to Bali, or do we have to go to the domestic airport when we get there to book it?

Cheers :)

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight back from Gili T to Lombok

Dear J_hurcules, my flight depart Lombok at 12.35p.m. So i must be early extra 2 hours even for domestic flight? ohh, its Lion Air flight. Thank you.

& to @balisigreat, Yes you can. i did just that. I booked all my flights even before i went to Bali. Cheers! :)

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight back from Gili T to Lombok

@MInniebrad, Thanks so much for the info. :) is it fixed price or do they use metre?

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight back from Gili T to Lombok

Many visitors from Gili take Lion Air flight at 12.30pm from Lombok airport.

They take the boat from Gili around 08.30-09.00am, and arrived at the airport safely around 11am or less.

The latest check in time for domestic flight is 30 minutes prior to depart, so there is plenty time remaining.

Just make sure everything will run smoothly, no waiting.

Mentioned in this post
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight back from Gili T to Lombok

Meter is used on all taxis on Lombok.

If departing from the airport in a taxi there is an Airport Taxi Service fee, Rp17,500 to all areas other than Central Lombok admin zone (includes Kuta), that is Rp10,000.

If gong to the airport there is no levy applied, you only pay what shows on the meter.

Make sure the taxi is firmly booked for a Bangsal or Teluk Nare pickup, and don't let any of the local touts get involved.

They may demand a 'commission' from the driver.

Of course the driver cannot pay them a 'commission' so they will try to force him to work 'of the meter' and so doing rip you off, get ripped off himself, and risk his employment as well.

If that situation should arise resist it strongly, that will embolden the taxi driver to resist any demand. That demand upon him may be made in a manner you cannot readily identify.

This only happens on rare occasions, but be alert to it.

You can also arrange a driver and car to meet you there.

Allow 2 hours for the actual road journey.

Edited: 7:30 am, February 13, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
8. Re: Flight back from Gili T to Lombok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan