We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Value for money hotel in Gili (Young solo traveller)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Best Value for money hotel in Gili (Young solo traveller)

Hey All!

Any recommendation of hotels in Gili? As i am a 22 young female solo traveller, i dont need any luxury hotel. Just a nice comfortable bed and friendly services & staff will do good. I will be in Gili for about 6 days, doing scuba certification & other recreational activities. Read about Kuta Indah and Tir Na Nog hotel but still undecided. Any advise? Ooh, & a walking distance to the night life in Gili will be great. i'm so paranoid about being stranded all alone(shy by nature), will i have any problems making friends there?

Cheers.

Edited: 5:14 am, November 28, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Value for money hotel in Gili (Young solo traveller)

Hi Kiki,

gili-paradise.com/gilis-maps/gili-trawangan/ is a great map and lists alot of accomodation that is very budget and not even listed on TA

the homestays can be very affordable but im unsure of the quality but if you dont need AC i think one of the homestays in centre of island would be the way to go!

they all have details there and contacts etc so you can look into it

when are you travelling?

me and my other half will be there in mid december! we are staying at scallywags but its 75US a night

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Value for money hotel in Gili (Young solo traveller)

Kuta Indah is actually a hotel in Kuta,Lombok.

If you are going to Gili Trawangan some friends of mine stayed at Welcome Inn this week. They got an aircon room for 2 for Rp200,000.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Value for money hotel in Gili (Young solo traveller)

@MrKohSamed- Many many thanks for the link! Its very very useful and comes in handy. :) I will be going the end of March till the second week of April. Btw, i went to have a look at Scally wags and pesona too(after reading your forum Qns)& am very pleased with the outlook of it. Might be booking either one of them, if my parents chip in extra cash for me :)

Have a great vacation MrkohSamed!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Value for money hotel in Gili (Young solo traveller)

@lombok_lover- Thanks for the recommendation! I truly appreciate them. i went to have a look but it's already fully booked! i'm quite pleased with pesona hotel too, better have it booked early.! :)

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Value for money hotel in Gili (Young solo traveller)

I'm heading to gili t in may, as a young female solo traveller too. Was wondering how you found it? What are the best places to go at night to meet people? Any advice would be good if poss :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Value for money hotel in Gili (Young solo traveller)

a backpaker is soon hopening in gili trawangan and the bed will be 50.000 rp.....the best deal because the place is going to be a real and friendly backpaker..the name of the place is still on discussion

Brisbane
Level Contributor
771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Value for money hotel in Gili (Young solo traveller)

I too am curious to know how Kiki's travels went?

8. Re: Best Value for money hotel in Gili (Young solo traveller)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan