We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion Air luggage allowance

perth western...
Level Contributor
131 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Lion Air luggage allowance

Was wondering if someone could help me, yesterday i book 3 tickets with Lion Air from bali to lombok, had no trouble at all booking the 3 tickets and paying by my ANZ visa, went through great..What my question is, it says on the eticket that it is operated by Wings Air, so does that mean we are actually flying with Wings Air, if so does that also mean we are only allowed 15kgs and no hand luggage.. Any information would be great.

Thanks Kojonup

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lion Air luggage allowance

Yes the flights are operated by Wings Air in ATR72-500s, and yes the luggage allowance it 15kg.

Keep you carry-on items compact as the overhead lockers are not as roomy as on something like an Airbus A320, Boeing 737 or similar.

Any excess charges should be modest as Lion Air/Wings use a distance/weight formula If it seems a bit high then query it immediately and ask for a receipt.

The asking for a receipt should normalise things.

BTY it is standard practice for an invoice to be issued by Lion Air for any excess luggage charges. It is not meant to be an 'informal' style of payment process.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lion Air luggage allowance

Booked with Lion Air, flew with Lion Air, Bali / Lombok , Wings Air Lombok /Bali.

Think you get what ever is available or what fits their schedule .

we took one bag each as checked luggage [ 15 kg limit i think ]

and one piece of hand luggage, the usual kind of smaller bag / backpack

perth western...
Level Contributor
131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lion Air luggage allowance

Thank you so much j_hurcules for your help, i took you advice that you gave me a few months ago about getting to gili island, and book air tickets instead of going by boat, thanks for that and this lot of information.

Regards Kojonup

perth western...
Level Contributor
131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lion Air luggage allowance

Thanks Procol for that , we will just have to see what happens, we really won't have heaps of luggage but just need to know more about hand luggage that anything.. Regards Kojonup

Newcastle
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Lion Air luggage allowance

can anyone advise on surfboard allowances on Lion flights?

Jakarta - Padang

Denpasar - Lombok

Greatly appreciated,

Clint

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lion Air luggage allowance

Hi Clint, this companion discussion thread discusses that issue <click on the following link> tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297734-i9238-k494…

7. Re: Lion Air luggage allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan