We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Topic
should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

i just posted a topic about accommodation in gili T. as I will be flying into lombok and staying for just 4D3N, im thinking if i should just stay at lombok instead and visit gili T for day trip.

kindly advise. thanks in advance

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

depends where you are flying into - lombok or bali.

if landing in lombok i'd see lombok and maybe the gilis.

if landing in bali, then you could go to gilis for the whole time. there is enough there to see, do and appreciate. OR go via the mainland lombok. the latter will take more of you holiday time in travel if you intend to go to gilis.

Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

Just going to point something out here.

Gili T is actually part of Lombok.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

Yes, you should visit Gili. Especially if you're on holiday with your friends. There are many activities there such as diving and romantic dinner.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

we will be over on Gili T and Gili Air in 2 weeks...the countdown has started!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

I've been counting down for months sunshine, 19 days for me. Won't be going to Gili T though, my preference is the main island of Lombok.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

We are heading over on the 9th to Bali...the 12th to Lombok.

Yesterday we purchased a credit for a holiday voucher with Qantas for next year, we are really excited about getting a small look at Lombok & the Gilis this trip so we can decide where to spread ourselves around to next April.

I have been looking a real estate in Lombok, we would love to dream about buying some land, always looking as one never knows where dreams may lead to.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

personally id stay gillit and trip over to lombok public ferry from gilli t plus bus say to sengiggi 75000 rup

turkey
Level Contributor
335 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

we are also on countdown...don't laugh..... 4 months and 22 days !

9. Re: should i stay at gili T or lombok only?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan