We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help choose a resort PLEASE

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
412 posts
240 reviews
Save Topic
Help choose a resort PLEASE

Ok so I am so confused after looking at accommodation on Gili T & finding their marked on several maps always in different locations! Yes we like Scallywags but would prefer the North East to the South East for nicer swimming & wider sandy beach areas. Do not want to be to far around to the north because of distance to walk into "town"

We would like a clean room, a/c, hot water shower (fresh water a bonus), free wifi, good breakfast, pool is a bonus, within a 10min walk to the main bar/restaurant area & hotel sun loungers on the beach with a nice swimming area. I realise the mosque can not be avoided all together but would prefer not to be sleeping next door to it.

Any help with the location & reviews of the following would be of great benefit to me.

Laguna Gili

Samba Villas

Bale Sampan Bungalows

Danima Resort

Good Heart Bungalows

Many thanks in advance

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help choose a resort PLEASE

I've stayed at Bale Sampan and Samba Villas before (almost next door to each other). Probably about 10 minutes walk to "town". Friends stayed at Danima and that was another couple of minutes walk to the north - maybe near Good Heart? Not quite sure - I might be confused - are there a few Good Hearts? Anyway, I loved Bale Sampan (see my review) but not sure if it had wifi or not. Pretty sure Samba does - last time we spent a lot of time sitting at the beach and restaurant area of Samba Villas. Good cocktails. I wish I was there now! Samba was okay to stay at but I found the rooms a bit bland. And the mosque a bit louder there, but you'll hear it anywhere really. Scallywags - the cafe and restaurant are okay but that part of the island seems to get no breeze at all, and in November (when we go) that really matters. It's all a bit squashed in - okay for drinking at night but not great for sleeping or relaxing. But that's just my opinion - others disagree!

2. Re: Help choose a resort PLEASE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question