We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

Which Gili Trawangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

Obviously Gili T won't have the buffet of choices offered on Bali, but I was wondering where myself and 4 friends would be able to get a great massage and/or spa treatments. Ive tried googling with nothing and the forums on here havent been able to provide any useful information. Cost/address/website/link/description/reviews would be fantastic.

Gili Islands
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

Hi this is Marcus from Manta Dive in Gili Trawangan.

I don´t think you´ll find much info online. We have a massage guy called Pak Ali, that comes and goes randomly. He is my personal favourite and if you ask Masirah(his wife) who works at Manta Dive, you can find out if he is around. Alternatively there is a guy called Sahir, who is also very good and just as elusive. He used to hang out at Losmen Eky, i´ve got 2 phone numbers but no idea if either still works, and his english is almost nonexistant. Your best bet would be to get the hotel you are staying at to try and call him when you are there 087865256883, 087864144782.

Kokomo had a really good massage lady, so you could try there as well.

Failing there are a few massage places on the island, ask around when you are there to find out which is the best.

Hope that helps.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

Hi Marcus, so there are no actual spas operating on Gili T? I would have thought that someone would have set something up by now given all the upmarket accommodation.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
18 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

there's a spa at Villa Ombak, they offer massages, but my wife and I were not really impressed with the quality.

Gili Islands
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

There are a few spas, some are connected to hotels, but i don´t know enough about them, so i´m afraid i can´t recomend any of them. I have first hand experience of the massages mentioned in my previous post, and if you ask any of the expats that have lived on the island i´m pretty sure they would agree.

Best thing anyone can do is wait until they get there and then ask around.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

There is also a place called Black Penny's not far from Vila Ombok on the main stretch - easy to find. They offer massage and various others like manicures, pedicures etc

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

Oh, and there is also a place around where they have the night market. Its down one of the side streets off the main drag. I forget the name of it.

Melbourne...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

There is now a beautiful spa right on the water in the main strip called eXQuisit spa. The massage rooms up to the amazing ocen, most gorgeous place I have ever had a massage

Ask for a guy called Sipin he is the best. Gave me the most incredible full body massage I have ever had in any country, and I have had many!!! I went back for many more!

The prices are higher than Bali but if you can please make sure you tip your masseuse as much as possible they work hard but get a small percentage of the price we pay!

This spa is gorgeous and Sipin with give you a great massage!!

turkey
Level Contributor
329 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

we also loved Exquisite - I had a foot massage/reflexology for 150k IDR for an hour and the only downside was that the chair faced out onto the main road. However, the decor, the staff and the treatment were lovely and after 10 mins, you just close your eyes and drift off......who cares if there are people passing ? The place was dead quiet (but we were there 6 weeks ago and it was pretty awful weather wise due to Hurricane Rusty and no one was arriving as the fast boats were cancelled for 5 days)

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

Any suggest about male masseur (gay friendly massage) or gay friendly spa at Gili Trawangan? I cant gogling to search it, thanks

Lombok
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Massage - Where do I go on Gili T??

Marshander Spa now has a new spa above the Terminal Restaurant. Same operator as the #1 Spa in Senggigi. BEst massages on the island!

Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan