We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive time from new airport to Bansal or telek kode?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Drive time from new airport to Bansal or telek kode?

Not sure if i got the 2nd ports name correct, but you get the drift ;o)

Anyway, now that the new airport has opened, how long will it take a driver to get me from there, to the port, to meet a private boat for Gili T?

Cheers

S

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Drive time from new airport to Bansal or telek kode?

If you are looking for cheap but pleasant accommodation (non airconditioned) then have a look at http://www.santaibeachinn.com/beach.htm

It is on Mangsit beach at the northern end of the Senggigi district.

There is a shuttle service that can collect you in the morning and take you to the Gili islands for around Rp75,000/person. They will organise that for you at Santai if you give them some notice ahead of your arrival.

Stop in Senggigi on your way through as you are getting in a bit late to eat at the hotel.

Cak Por, a 'tenda' (big tent) on the side of the road is very popular with tourists and locals, it is inexpensive and stays open late.

It is opposite bank BNI, a taxi driver should know where it is and the DAMRI bus will drop you there, they stop and park only a short distance further north up the main road.

Senggigi has many dining choices.

After eating a taxi can take you to Mangsit if you wish.

Price is metered, it will be from Rp11,500-14,500, depending on exactly where you eat in Senggigi.

Edited: 7:18 am, February 04, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Drive time from new airport to Bansal or telek kode?

If you are arriving at 19:25 that sounds like an old Merpati flight schedule that is not currently in operation. Most, if not all, flights from Denpasar leave around 5:30pm or there-abouts (J Herc is more of an expert than me in this area). There used to be some later ones, but in the last year or so they have been pulled back earlier. If you have already booked, don't expect to be contacted about the change!

Merpati often cancel their flights, and/or run completely off schedule. I only use them as a last resort.

The tent that J Herc mentioned is open until late (1am usually) so no hurry if you want to check in first and go back into town for a meal - it is very cheap in a taxi anyway.

Edited: 8:22 pm, February 04, 2012
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Drive time from new airport to Bansal or telek kode?

Hi,

Thanks for all the wonderful information. Great forum and most helpful.

We are flying in from Surabaya on our booked Batavia Y6-345. That's the easy part. The hard part is getting from Pangkalan Bun (Kalimantan) to Surabaya the same day! Can't book either of the two flights with Trigana or Kalstar until we get to Borneo (unless we use ticketindonesia.info). Fingers crossed.

We are struggling with our route around Lombok - but will put up a separate post, so as not to derail this great thread.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Drive time from new airport to Bansal or telek kode?

@j_hurcules

You say

"There is a shuttle service that can collect you in the morning and take you to the Gili islands for around Rp75,000/person. They will organise that for you at Santai if you give them some notice ahead of your arrival."

Is that Santai's own service or a public service?

Also does that fee include taking you to Bangsal and the ferry cost? I mean do they take you to the port, clear a path through all the touts and make sure you get on the correct boat.? Or is it just a shuttle to Bangsal and you still have to go to the PROPER ticket office to purchase your ticket and wait whilst swatting away the rogues?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Drive time from new airport to Bansal or telek kode?

infoaddict, that would not be Santai's own service, but they will book for you. The price includes your ticket on the ferry. You will still need to get from where the cars stop at the gate to the ferry, and can either go by horse cart or walk, and you will need to carry your own bags onto the boat. Bangsal is not quite as bad as it used to be.

Sorry for the assumption you were coming from Bali, most do. Looks like a day where you will need patience and good luck!

Edited: 8:13 am, February 05, 2012
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Drive time from new airport to Bansal or telek kode?

The service I mentioned above is from Lemata shuttle,

Senggigi - Gili Rp75,000

Pickups are at around 08:30-08:45

I am pretty sure they get you onto the boat, but I am not 100% certain of that.

As far as I know it is a Senggigi-Gili service, not a Senggigi-Bangsal service.

They use a nice new medium size shuttle bus.

Bangsal has many pests, if you go through there just do your best to politely ignore all of them. Several of the guide/touts there are really nice and quite OK. It might take you a couple of years to work out which ones though as they are overwhelmed by the others who are just tiresome idiots.

Stay focussed, go to the beach, wait for your boat, it is called over a PA system, don't let anyone pick up your bags or assist you unless you are absolutely convinced and certain they are either actually from the boat crew of the shuttle provider, if in any doubt just say NO, or "tadak mau" (not required).

Don'y buy anything there from anyone who pesters you, they have shops on the island.

Perama tours provide a similar service (Senggigi-Gilis), and have done so reliably for many years, but it is a little more expensive.

Most hotels will book either service for you, Santai do it without adding on a premium for booking it for you. A very small commission is paid from the standard fee, it goes to the Santai hotel staff, they spend it wisely:)

You can book Lemata yourself if you want to; +62370693477, +6281805290520 (Anton)

Edited: 8:54 am, February 05, 2012
27. Re: Drive time from new airport to Bansal or telek kode?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, February 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan