We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What part of the island to stay?

Melbourne, Victoria
Level Contributor
170 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
What part of the island to stay?

Hi

My partner and I are on our honeymoon next year in March/April and we would like to book accommodation on all 3 islands, ou rmain focus being meno in a quite part of that island its beautiful however for the first few nights we want to stay on Trawangan and go to some bars and restaurants, cinema etc

What part of the island are most of these location on? the east? and which accommodations are closeby? a lot of them don't have maps..

I'm looking for AU$100 per night or under

Melbourne
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What part of the island to stay?

For Gili T most of the accommodation and action is on the east coast. It would take approximately 30 minutes to walk from the southern point to the northern point. We stayed at Scallywags (great food and just close enough to some of the good clubs) Scallywags may cost a little bit more than $100 AUD but we loved it and would only stay there when we go back.

Enjoy.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What part of the island to stay?

komodo and hotel ombah and beach house look to me to be the best hotels they are in the south east and next to restaurants. google them to see their current rates. otherwise martas was nice. there ae thre party nights on gili t so bring your ear plugs if you stay too close to the 'action'.

there are no cinemas on gillis. some bars/restaurants play movies.

3. Re: What part of the island to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, October 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan