We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

London, England
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

Hey all,

I've decided to spend 3 nights of our honeymoon on Gili Trawanga, we will be coming from Nasua, and then going to Ubud after Gili.

Where would the nicest place be to stay, I would prefer somewhere on the beach, and somewhere on the quiet side would be a bonus.

Any suggestions would be welcome, we will probably do a day trip to the other Gili Islands.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
799 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

Hi, have a look at Scallywags resort, it looks lovely. We have booked there for 10 nights in June. $85 usd per night. It gets great review and I don't think we'll be disappointed.....happy honeymoon.....Cheers Verrena

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

Essentially the same question has been asked at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297733-i9237-k433… so you might want to have a look at that post for some further feedback. Make sure you look at both pages of that thread.

If you want something quieter maybe consider Gili Meno or the even quieter GilI Air rather than Gili Trawangan.

Have a look at the Wikitravel articles on the Gili islands http://wikitravel.org/en/Gili_Islands make sure you have a good look at the 'Get in' section of the individual island articles.

I hope it is a wonderful honeymoon.

London, England
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

Thanks I'll look at ScallyWags, but I currently like the sound of The Trawangan Resort.

j_hurcules, thanks for the link, I had a read through it but looks like they are discussing hotels in Lombok..

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
18 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

No way to contact The Trawangan Resort, this is just riduculous! They dont reply to emails and dont have a phone number. Don't the owners need the visitors?

Pls advise if anyone knows how to contact them, thanks!

London, England
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

I emailed them via their website, I received a reply but it ended up in my Junk mail, the email is from Dewi Sari. Check your junk mail as I nearly missed it.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
18 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

Oh, never mind, just got the reply from them... sorry.

PS when are you planning to be at Gili T? I'm thinking of end of August, or early September.

Edited: 9:59 am, March 31, 2011
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

Hi dej23, Sorry I must have had my hat on backwards or something. I missed the first bit and thought you wanted to stay somewhere...and...take a day trip to one of the Gili islands.

By the way, I know it is nit-picking ... but the Gili islands are in Lombok, they are only a few km from the Bangsal beach and even closer to Sire Peninsular.

In fact they are more like a 'continuation' of the Sire Peninsular with bits of water in between.

The way they are written up sometimes it is hardly surprising some people do not think they are part of Bali or somewhere different all together.

All three are part of the Regency of North Lombok.

There are plenty of nice places to stay on the Gilis. The quietest island is Gili Air, but Gili Meno is hardly hectic.

If you want maximum flexibility with your stay you could consider staying on the main island of Lombok and taking day trips by chartering a boat for the day.

London, England
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

I did consider Lombok, but i think we both have our hearts set on Gili. it's a shame we can not stay for longer or we definitely would have stayed in Lombok. I also want to experience the night life on Gili.

Eastsider4232 - I'm going at the beginning of July

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

July is in the busier period, you are wise to be working it out now. Gili Trawangan is the one with the nightlife, maybe try and pick a quieter location on the island so that you have a pleasant refuge.

If you want to experience the nightlife on Gili T then it is almost essential to actually stay there as the inter-island transport is troublesome even in daylight and virtually non-existent at night except by pre-arrangement or for an emergency of some kind. Swimming home to another island looks enticing but is not an option and the currents are quite strong.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel/Apartment Suggestions for our Honeymoon

I note some people have been having some email issues, I have no idea about the actual hotel operators and their email individual email habits but I should mention that internet connectivity and email access in Lombok, including the Gili islands, has been problematic in the last couple of weeks. The connection is on-off-on-off. I have had a lot of emails bounce when directed outward bound through the Indonesian Telkom smtp email servers and some people have mentioned to me that they cannot readily access their email. These issues normally pass after a few days. If anyone has had problems maybe consider sending your email again.

Hope this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan