We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scallywags and market shopping

Melbourne
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Scallywags and market shopping

Hi, my wife and I and 14 yr old daughter are looking at staying at Scallywags report. I have read all the reveiws however can someone advise on the following:

* Are there market stalls on Gili T (singletts, shorts etc)

* Are we to close to the night scene and therefore it could be noisey and loud at night

* Can you walk to the northern end from Sacallywags and if so how long would it take. It seems the better beaches are on the northern end.

Thank you very much.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
821 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scallywags and market shopping

Hi, I'll be glad to read any replies...we just booked Scallywags for 10 nights in June. We couldn't get the original dates we wanted though. Don't know when your planning to go, but I'd probably not leave it too long to book as they only have 10 rooms....Cheers

Mataram, Indonesia
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scallywags and market shopping

Hi...

I try to answer of your questions:

* there are planty shop around or you can go to art market for some basic stuff you might need like what you mention before even an internet shop too.

* Scalliwag having 10 rooms and situtated in central where you might hear some techno music from some parties around and you might to make early booking too.

* Gili Trawangan is about 348 hectares and if you do slow walk around the rim will take about 2 hours, nothing too far here but if you are out in the night and back too late from the party its gonna be too hard for you to walk back to your accomodation in north side where the pony horse chart available from 7 am up to 10 pm only unless you have a bike (bike rental available spread)

Enjoy your holiday on sunny Gili Trawangan island!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scallywags and market shopping

Thank you for your reply, greatly appreciated.

Padang Bai, Bali
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scallywags and market shopping

We've just come back from a short stay in Scallywags and couldn't hear any of the party noise (apart from fireworks, but they finished early). You will not be disappointed.

There are plenty of tourist quality stalls selling everything from magic mushrooms through to designer gear (genuine original copies, of course!!)

Have a nice trip

Melbourne
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Scallywags and market shopping

Thanks for the update, sounds like you had a good time.

We are off to Bali after Gili T to do our shopping however does Gili T have market stalls that sell the typical t-shirts, singletts etc?

Also are there money changes on Gili T and if so I assume the rate would be significant lower than Bali or Lombok.

Thanks again.

6. Re: Scallywags and market shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan