We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon accomodation - spolit for choice!

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon accomodation - spolit for choice!

We will be in Indonesia for our honeymoon at the end of August for 2 weeks. We are 28 and fairly well travelled, looking for relaxation, a bit of culture and maybe some activities. Having spent the day researching accomodation options we are more confused than when we started! We are looking for any recommendations in the following locations and seek the kind of luxury you would expect from a honeymoon! Our plan so far follows, we welcome your thoughts....

Ubud - 3 nights - budget $110-$150 per night. Looking for central and good facilities.

Lombok - 3 nights - budget as above $110-$150. It seems Senggigi is the popular place here, concerns are hawkers and quality of the beach. Would this location be the recommendation here? Looking at Quinci Villas, Sheraton....any others we should be considering?

Gili T - 3 nights - worth a visit?

Between Vila Ombak and Villa Grasia........any thoughts?

Seminyak - 6 nights

Looking for definite luxuy for the end of our trip, Sun Island Villas seem to tick all the boxes. Does anyone have any experiences of this place or any recommendations that would rival our current favourite?

Looking forward to hearing some ideas that will hopefully clear up our numerous question marks!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,211 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon accomodation - spolit for choice!

Hi,

I can't really help with all your enquiries, but I can tell you that Gili Trawangan is already pretty full in August and early September with the better options booked solid, so get moving if you want to go. For the Senggigi area, I'd be inclined to look at the Qunci properties on Mangsit beach

cheers

London
Level Contributor
104 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon accomodation - spolit for choice!

Sengiggi is popular as you say but not the prettiest of towns. But if you are after a good choice of restaurants and bars then this is pretty much your only option on Lombok. Beach was OK. We stayed at the Oberoi( have a look at my review) and it was very special but very remote so not what you may be after.

Gili T is definitely worth a visit. And 3 days is plenty. The beach is much nicer IMHO at the northern end. The snorkelling is amazing. We stayed at the Bale Sampan bungalows which are great but may not be the luxury you are looking for.

Seminyak is a fun place to hang out for a few days. Good choice of restaurants and shops and a great beach.. try the body boarding or even better surfing!. Sorry I don’t know of the villas you mentioned.

Have a wonderful honeymoon!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon accomodation - spolit for choice!

Hi there

We went to Gili T for our honeymoon last year and had an amazing time so you should definitely plan to go if you can fit it in.

The island is great with fantastic snorkelling, lots of yummy places to eat and a nice relaxed vibe. We stayed at Alam Gili on the northern end which was great, its a little bit away from the action but it is nice and quiet and its within walking distance to the main 'town'. It was perfect for a honeymoon as the staff are lovely and the rooms are great. We also stayed at Villa Ungul which is located next door to Villa Almarik, it was brand new and had an amazing pool and fantastic rooms (and AC which Alam Gili doesn't have), it was also in a great location as not too near the party hub. I would recommend either of these if they are available.

We also had a few days in Sengiggi at the Sheraton, which was just okay, the pool area is lovely but the hotel itself is quite dated now and the rooms are in need of a refresh. The hawkers are pretty bad but if you just want to go for a few days and lay around the pool/hang around the resort you should be fine.

I have lots of pictures of all of these accommodation options if you want to message me I shall send them on to you.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,043 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon accomodation - spolit for choice!

You'd be best off posting on the Bali forum for villa recommendations in and around Seminyak and hotel recommendations in Ubud.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon accomodation - spolit for choice!

Do at least build in a few days Gili T - just out of this world from the crowds of Bali. Now that's romance. Check out Ko-ko-mo resort - the best (and only)boutique hotel around - especially Villa Ganesha (where we stayed over New Year).

b

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon accomodation - spolit for choice!

Villa Ombak on Gili T and Quinci Villas to the North of Sengginggi are both quite spiffy.

7. Re: Honeymoon accomodation - spolit for choice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 16, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan