We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Gili worth a short stay???

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is Gili worth a short stay???

I have two nights between my stays in Seminyak & Ubud. Is it worth the travel time to travel to Gili T for only two nights? It looks as though the trip from Gili to Ubud will be 4-5hrs. I'm just being indecisive!

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Gold Coast Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Gili worth a short stay???

I would keep the Gili's for next time when you could do them justice...you would lose all your time travelling and only have a bare day there...consider going to Amed or Candidasa in Bali for your intermediary nights.

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Candidasa
Candidasa
Karangasem, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Gili worth a short stay???

catch a fast boat and you will be picked up by car, great boat ride and on gili T by 11:30. the gilis is great and relative to some destinations in bali it isn't that far and it is worth the effort.

3. Re: Is Gili worth a short stay???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 12, 2010