We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor
Gili Trawangan
Search

Lombok to the Gili's daytrip

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Lombok to the Gili's daytrip
Save

I am in the process of trying to find a boat that crosses between Lombok Island and any of the three Gili islands. Has anybody done this as a day trip, and is it something best arranging once I arrive at Lombok? So far I am struggling to find this as a day excursion without having to combat the scourge of solo travel - the single supplement charge, which out of principle I am reluctant to pay. Additionally I am unable to find any vessel that seems to want to set sail back to Lombok on the return leg after 2pm.

Any help you can provide me with will be greatly appreciated!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
40 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Lombok to the Gili's daytrip
Save

You can easily get across to the Gilis by going to Bangsal Harbour and getting a public ferry. Cost is less than $2. I recommend using the search on the forum, if you type in Gilis Day Trip there are many posts on this topic.

Boats run up to around 4:30-5, but are not on a fixed schedule.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Lombok to the Gili's daytrip
Save

That's really helpful, many thanks! Therefore I won't arrange anything here in England. I shall instaed wait until I arrive at Lombok and sort everything once I arrive at Bangsal Harbour

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
40 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: Lombok to the Gili's daytrip
Save

Yes no need to book anything, it's a public ferry. You can easily get a taxi to the Harbour too.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
4. Re: Lombok to the Gili's daytrip
Save

Mate there is a bloke on Gili T named Ziggy. He works out of the Echa Bar and does fantastic tours to Lombok monkey forest water falls 1 & 2 all of that find him he will look after everything for you

5. Re: Lombok to the Gili's daytrip

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:26 am, July 22, 2017
Edited: 2 years ago
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Lombok to the Gili's daytrip
Save

Thanks to you both for your help!

Edited: 2 years ago
7. Re: Lombok to the Gili's daytrip

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 24, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan