We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gili Meno Shack 58

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Gili Meno Shack 58

I am after some info about Shack 58.

My partner and I are hoping to stay on Gili Meno for a couple days in the first week of January 2012.

I understand this is peak season so my questions are...

a) Should we book before we arrive or can we just turn up?

b) If we do have to book before we arrive does anyone know the best way to do this as I have not had a reply to emails?

Lombok / Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gili Meno Shack 58

I would definitely book if you can. As it is a small place, you run the risk of being disappointed. They do have a website address, but it is down at the moment. As the electricity supply to the Gili is not reliable that could be why, or their computer may have died. An alternative would be to book through a booking agency - there are a few that list Shack 58 if you google.

There are also some much cheaper bungalows 100m or so inland that you could consider.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
464 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gili Meno Shack 58

Hi Steffie,

I do not know about Shack 58, but we have been to Gili Meno 5 times in the past 10 years, that last time was for 2 weeks this April, and have always stayed at The Royal Reef Resort. It is right on the beach and charges in the neighborhood or 250,000 Rupiah a night. Rusli is the site manager and he and his wife do a fine job of caring for the guests. There is a great little warung (family style restaurant) Ya Ya's, just about 75 yards away down the beach. excellent food and the best prices on the island. The snorkeling is outstanding right of the resort and it takes 22 steps to go fro your bed to mid thigh deep water. The 6 bungalows all face East, so the sunrises at 0610 can be spectacular. No hot water or air con, but a good ceiling fan and mosquito net and the water is fresh and by no means cold. The resort is a quiet gem on the small island and the island is a treat in itself! No cars, trucks, scooters, TV's to speak of or telephones. Transport around the island is by foot or horse drawn carts! :o) There are some 'ins and outs' of getting to and from Meno, so let us know if you want more details. Hope this helps, but don't hesitate to send me a private mail or E-Mail me direct at billandmarcia@gmail.com with any further questions. Good luck with your Gili Meno stay and please let us know how to help Ya'll. Aloha, Beach Bum Bill

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
464 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gili Meno Shack 58

Hi Steffie,

I do not know about Shack 58, but we have been to Gili Meno 5 times in the past 10 years, that last time was for 2 weeks this April, and have always stayed at The Royal Reef Resort. It is right on the beach and charges in the neighborhood or 250,000 Rupiah a night. Rusli is the site manager and he and his wife do a fine job of caring for the guests. There is a great little warung (family style restaurant) Ya Ya's, just about 75 yards away down the beach. excellent food and the best prices on the island. The snorkeling is outstanding right of the resort and it takes 22 steps to go fro your bed to mid thigh deep water. The 6 bungalows all face East, so the sunrises at 0610 can be spectacular. No hot water or air con, but a good ceiling fan and mosquito net and the water is fresh and by no means cold. The resort is a quiet gem on the small island and the island is a treat in itself! No cars, trucks, scooters, TV's to speak of or telephones. Transport around the island is by foot or horse drawn carts! :o) There are some 'ins and outs' of getting to and from Meno, so let us know if you want more details. Hope this helps, but don't hesitate to send me a private mail or E-Mail me direct at billandmarcia@gmail.com with any further questions. Good luck with your Gili Meno stay and please let us know how to help Ya'll. Aloha, Beach Bum Bill

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Gili Meno Shack 58

Our Website at Shack58 is down at this time. Our email address is info@shack58.com if we can help you. Kind Regards Shack 58

Luxembourg City...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gili Meno Shack 58

I tried to contact you to book a room but I dont receive answer...

Luxembourg City...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gili Meno Shack 58

Is it possible to contact you by phone ?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
3,016 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gili Meno Shack 58

CAR9010, phone service is not great in this remote area, and internet to check emails is up and down. How long have you been waiting for a response so far?

Luxembourg City...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gili Meno Shack 58

I sent you several email ... I don't know how I can do to book your bungalow in August... Is it yet possible?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
3,016 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gili Meno Shack 58

CAR0901 I am not a someone from Shack 58 and if their email is not working then they are unlikely to be reading this post. If you have tried to contact Shack 58 for some time maybe you need to look to stay somewhere else that will respond.

Luxembourg City...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gili Meno Shack 58

Oh .. Sorry for the confusion. .I think that I will find another solution. Thank you for your information :)

Caro