We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review missing of La Dama D'Evissa

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Review missing of La Dama D'Evissa

I recently had the misfortune of staying at the worst place I've ever stayed at, La Dama D'Eivissa (formerly Hostel Navarro) a hostel in ibiza Town that was so poor that I published my first ever review.

We checked out after a few hours (despite booking for 10 days), and registered a formal complaint when La Dama wouldn't give our money back. My review was on Trip Advisor for a good month, however it's now gone. In trying to negotiate with La Dama to get my money back, I did say that I would happily ammend my review to state they had refunded my deposit, if they would do so, but that I wouldn't change my honest review as I didn't want anyone to have to go through what I did with dirty toilets, broken windows and cramped rooms, and no-one letting us in for 45 miniutes when we arrived (I still have the emails), but they didn't reply.

All I can think of is that La Dama have slyly contacted TripAdvisor to get my review removed, stating that I offered to change my review to get my money back. I 10000% didn't, I simply said I would ammend the review to state they had refunded my deposit, but that the review would stay. How can I get my review re-instated? This was a terrible place and I want people to be warned, so they don't have to find somewhere else to stay, mid-trip. here's my email in it's entirity, no blackmail, just a nice request:

Dear Sophie

As you’re now aware, we have posted a true and accurate representation of our awful stay at La Dama, on Trip Advisor. I’d be happy to amend the negative review, if you will consent to refunding the deposit we paid (3 nights).

It’s your call. We are also lodging a complaint with the tourist office, which again we will review if you refund us our deposit. It’s the least you can do.

Regards

David

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,040 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review missing of La Dama D'Evissa

your mistake was in offering to trade your review for your money -- your note reads exactly like that. You may have intended to merely say you would indicate the money was returned, but that is not what you wrote.

I would suggest going on other review sites as well and being detailed about your experience. But never put in writing the comments you made above, as that will get the review yanked for 'extortion' every time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review missing of La Dama D'Evissa

Thanks Jane... that's exactly what I was doing, just trying to get my money back from this terrible hostel, the exact review would have still stood, but I would have done the decent thing and simply added that they did refund me - I guess I didn't word it clearly enough :-)

3. Re: Review missing of La Dama D'Evissa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 18, 2014