We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

Which Ibiza Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galway
12 posts
Save Topic
10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

My husband and I will be in Ibiza for 10 days at the beginning of October. We are in our mid 50's. We would like a nice hotel/apt with good balcony. Thinking of Hotel Gran Sol. Should we stay in the one place for our entire stay or see another area? As it is out first time we would appreciate any advice. Is it possible to see other areas of the island using public transport. Thanks.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,047 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

I would base myself near Ibiza Town as this is the transport hub of the island. I would look at the talamanca area or figueretas.

Unfortunately on the 30th September, when we leave the island the night buses cease and the winter schedule comes into effect on the 1st October, cutting down the transport options.

For me I would hire a car to see the island, certainly at the latter end of your holidays will be quiet on the roads.

I am in my late 60's, for me your choice of area would be at the bottom of my thoughts as San Antonio for me is not an area I would like to stay in, but obviously we all have different views.

For me Ibiza Town is the cosmopolitan area of the island, offering a huge range of different food choices, but for me having the widest choice of local cuisine, is the place we gravitate to on a night time after exploring the island during the day.

For lunch Santa Eulalia or Santa Gerdrudis in the centre of the island are the places for an excellent lunch.

Ibiza Is full of hundreds of beautiful coves all worth exploring and es vedra viewed from cala D'Hort is a holiday must.

We often just take a picnic out into the fields with just the birds for company.

Galway
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. Can you recommend a hotel or apt.

San Antonio - Ibiza...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

Public transport in Ibiza mainly only operates between Ibiza, San Antonio and Santa Eulalia

Ibiza town has a big city feel to it, with buildings and flats where locals live, the main areas to visit are the old town " Dalt Vila " and the harbour that can easily be done in one afternoon.

San Antonio is a smaller town , its has a lovely 5 Kilometer promenade and great sunsets

Beaches like Cala Salada, Cala Bassa and Cala Conta are also close by

There are also many good restaurants in town ( Rincon de Pepe / Sa Capella / Es Ventall / Es Rebost de Can Prats ) to name some of them

Rent a car at least a couple of days to visit places of the island that can not be reached by public transport like Cala D´Hort or some of Ibizas small charming villages like Santa Ines or San Mateo

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,047 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

Mar Y Playa apartments in Figueretas.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,607 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

This one might fit the bill.

www.hoteltorredelmar.com/en

Galway
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

Thanks for info. Any observations you can make on Hotel Cenit? Seems really nice with fantastic views from the balconies.

Thanks.

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

I think you would like Santa Eulalia. Lovely promenade, nice bars and restaurants, and because it's a working town with a sizeable resident population, it will still be busy at the beginning of October. Plenty of good public transport, with buses to Ibiza Town (30 minutes) twice an hour. There are ferry boats every hour as well. There is a large selection of hotels to choose from, several of which are adult only. Although we went for two weeks in June, we are also going in October for a week. As for your question about the Cenit Hotel, it is promoted as a "gay friendly" establishment. It does have good views, but it has a slightly isolated location and is not one I would personally consider.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,047 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

Hotel Cenit is in an ideal location if you wish to be in the middle between Figueretas and Ibiza Town. Your located half way from the front and Ave d' espanya which is the main road link into Ibiza Town. Your 500 yards from the new Bus station in Ibiza Town which will be useful if touring the island by local transport. Surrounded by some really good bars and eating establishments.

Your within a 100 yards of Museum Puig Molin that reopened this summer and I have yet to revisit since its closure, but reports I have read are good. In addition you have other attractions on your door step, plenty going on.

Great coastal walk view into Ibiza Town if you avoid the main road, will take 15/20 minutes. a bit uphill on the return. Frankly a waste of time getting the bus into town from your hotel, your only 2 stops from the old town.

Dont know the hotel but an area we walk through on and certainly eat in on our trips to Ibiza.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,607 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

If you choose that one, this is a good local restaurant.

www.soleadoibiza.com/

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 days in Ibiza from 1-11 October

Hi,would Santa eulalia be a better choice for me and my daughter? as she wont want to go clubbing with me!

Is San antonio a good place to catch the bus to other places ? torn between the 2 now! Which is the busier of the 2 in October?