We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

Which Ibiza Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

We are going to Portinatx in September and want to spend the day in Ibiza town. We are in our 30s so aren't interested in clubbing or high end bars with DJs, we are just looking for somewhere nice and not too expensive to have a drink in the afternoon/early evening before getting a taxi back to our hotel. Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations that won't break the bank please?

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,639 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

There's a lot to choose from at Plaza del Parque.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

Thank you for your info. I will make sure we head there on our arrival.

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

We always head for Madagascar in Plaza del Parque. Great for drinks and snacks and just a nice place to while away some time.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

Thank you. That sounds like the kind of place we are looking for. What is the average price for a beer or a glass of wine please? Also where is the best place for us to ask to be dropped off when we arrive or is there a taxi rank where all the cabs go on arrival?

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

Get dropped off at the Vara del Rey which is next to Plaza del Parque and which is one of the principal thoroughfares. Not sure exactly on beer and wine prices but I just know it's very reasonable and its where a lot of local Spanish go. Great for people watching in a traditional tree-lined square, and cheaper than the bars in the marina area.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

That is really helpful, thank you so much. I would much rather drink where the Spanish people go to be honest. I don't want to go on holiday and do exactly what I would do at home. People watching is always a good, cheap past time so that will suit us down to the ground. Really looking forward to it.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

We were paying about 2.50 last year for wine and tapas in the Plaza del Parque area, racciones about 4 to 7 euro's. Bottle of Rioja about 12/15 euro's.

For a decent local meal try Bon Profit, unfortunately no terrace, in door seating only. Always full of locals, no booking, but they will come for you, if you tell them the bar your going to wait in, a lot of the folks in the bars are waiting for their table. Got this gem out of a Rough Guide many years ago, was worth the cost of the book just to find this place.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

Cheers for that Ian, I have seen a few reviews of this place and they all seem positive so it's good to hear from someone who can say they have been. Those prices are very reasonable so we will definitely scout it out on our trip. Thanks a lot for your reply!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

Have to say cant wait for next month to come round, spend most nights in this area, if you get the ferry to playa den bossa,50 yards to the left of the jetty, Casa Manola, packed with locals on a weekend lunch time, great vibe, great view of old town, overlooking beach

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Average priced bars in Ibiza town for a drink during the day

Sounds great. I take it you mean catch the ferry from Ibiza town rather than Portinatx?