We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

too old for ibiza town?

leeds
Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
too old for ibiza town?

thinking of booking the ibiza gran for 5 nights mid july will we feel too old , both in our late 40's what sort of clientel does the hotel get and the area

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: too old for ibiza town?

Personally if I was paying these prices I would go for hotel Mirador de dalt villa situated in Ibiza old Town. Walk from Ibiza Gran into Ibiza town not the most picturesque and for me being opposite Pacha night club would not be a bonus.

Age not an issue in Ibiza, more of Mirador clientel likely to be there for the culture rather then clubbing. I think Mirador in best location in Ibiza Town.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: too old for ibiza town?

I agree with Ian - I think Mirador would be a better stay than Ibiza Gran. A bit more of sophisticated clientele at Mirador. My husband and I are in our mid/late 30s and will confirm - age is not an issue in Ibiza. You will not feel uncomfortable at all. Enjoy your stay!

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: too old for ibiza town?

mm & laryana know what they're talking about - that's all good advice.....

you should also consider an agroturismo if you're looking at premium hotels - can jaume & can arabi are the closest to town i believe......

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: too old for ibiza town?

Hi, i checked on the two agroturismos you recommended. very nice! are there any agroturismos on the beach or walking distance to a beach to your knowledge? thank you.

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: too old for ibiza town?

not that I can think of as most agroturismos are former farmhouses etc. which were all inland - back in the day the coastal land was worth nothing!!

boutique hostal salinas is right by salinas beach and has a similar feel to an agroturismo but obviously doesn't have the gardens and history......

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: too old for ibiza town?

will it be safe to rent a moped in ibiza ??? i live in hawaii and renting a moped while in heart of waikiki is the thing to do. well, merely for convenience -- not so much to go for long distances. will i be ok renting one ???

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: too old for ibiza town?

will it be safe to rent a moped in ibiza ??? i live in hawaii and renting a moped while in heart of waikiki is the thing to do. well, merely for convenience -- not so much to go for long distances. will i be ok renting one ???

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: too old for ibiza town?

All the youngsters are on a moped so why not. Not sure what licence you need.

Columbia MO
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: too old for ibiza town?

In my experience there is no age limit to the great Ibiza lifestyle! Just go and have a great time!!!

10. Re: too old for ibiza town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 09, 2014