We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bugs at crystal palace

Liverpool, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Bugs at crystal palace

Really worried about a comment in the reviews saying you get used to the bugs. How bad are they? I expect insects abroad and if they mean mosquito's I can cope with them. Wouldn't like anything else in my room. Everyone mentions how clean and well looked after it is.

Anglesey, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bugs at crystal palace

We holidayed in Skala at the beginning of June and walked past Crystal Palace resort several times. One morning we were amazed to see a 'swarm' of crickets on the driveway down to the hotel. An elderly man on an even more elderly tractor was cutting the grass in the next field and had disturbed the wildlife! Next day they were nowhere to be seen!! Have a great time!!

Liverpool, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bugs at crystal palace

Thank you. I am really looking forward to going, just a bit concerned after reading that comment. hopefully the crickets will keep there distance.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bugs at crystal palace

Hi,

I stayed at Crystal Palace mid June and there were quite a few crickets!! I am terrible with creepy crawlies but I didn't let this ruin my stay.

This was my 4th stay at the apartments but had never really noticed them on previous stays. Apparentley there were more crickets around than normal due to a dry winter on the island.

We had a large one on our balcony but we mentioned it to a member of staff and they got rid of it for us.

You will have a lovely time :-)

Vicky x

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
543 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bugs at crystal palace

Quite a few crickets towards the end of last week in Svoronata. Not a single mosquito bite between 4 of us, No Ghekos or snakes and only a couple of lizards all week...and very few wasps

Mentioned in this post
Svoronata
Svoronata
Cephalonia, Greece
Christchurch...
Level Contributor
91 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bugs at crystal palace

Mum and Dad have just got back from CP and did say there were quite a few crickets. They always do June and August and say that June is worst for them. We will be over there in August with them and looking forward to it

Liverpool, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bugs at crystal palace

Thank you for your reply's. Just have to hope they keep there distance taking lots of insect repellent.Going Sunday so excited.

STAFFORD
Level Contributor
349 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bugs at crystal palace

Yes there are crickets and grasshoppers around but you find they just jump out of the way,just got back yesterday after 2 weeks and didnt have one bight between us.

8. Re: Bugs at crystal palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations