We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trip to Ithica

Blackburn
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat trip to Ithica

Hi

We'll be staying at the San Giorgio Hotel in Skala for a week from 11 June. We'd like to take the Captain Vangellis boat trip from Skala to Ithica which I believe goes on a Friday. As we're only there for a week, we would have to book the trip for Friday 14 June. Does anyone know how quickly these trips get booked up as I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity and we could only book, at the very earliest, on 12 June. Alternatively, does anyone know whether you can book the trip on line or whether the hotel owners might be prepared to book it in advance for you. Thanks for any information.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,112 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat trip to Ithica

Hi Jonesy,

I picked up a leaflet last week. The Ithaka trips are every Tues, Fri, & Sun Cost 35 Euros, Children 20 euros.

There are booking telephone numbers 6972693260 and 6980386744 an email :spathisv@otenet.gr

Hope this helps

Bob

Blackburn
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat trip to Ithica

Thanks Bob - much appreciated!

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat trip to Ithica

I was just about to ask the same question this morning and as if by magic here's my answer - so thank you Bob!

Edited: 3:16 am, May 30, 2013
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat trip to Ithica

Hi Bob,

What time does the boat depart?

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat trip to Ithica

I have just received a message from the captain. We need to be there 08.45 hrs.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,112 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat trip to Ithica

Cheers MrsTesy,

Yup leaves at 9:00 and returns at 16:30

Bob

Ulverston, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat trip to Ithica

Sorry but this year's trip was a bit disappointing. We went a few weeks ago. Vangelis boat could have

spent more time in each port in Ithaca intead of us wasting time watching people we didn't even

know jump off the boat which was of no interest to us!!! The trip seemed to be rushed this year and

we won't be doing this one again :(

RB

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat trip to Ithica

Rachel, I would suggest that if you want to go and visit Ithaca again, that you book one of the excellent mini coach tours operated by PANEM. Cost is about the same, and includes the mini bus ride from your resort to Sami and ferry across to Pisa Aetos, then a superb tour of the island, usually with a knowledgeable guide. This was my introduction to Ithaca many years ago.

Ulverston, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat trip to Ithica

Thanks for your reply quickly!

How long did you spend in Ithaca and

also how long were you on a coach?

Thanks

10. Re: Boat trip to Ithica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations