We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money changed

Birtley, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
money changed

Hi

we are staying at tesoru Blue, is there anywhere we can get sterling changed to euros, we normally holiday in paphos, and get money changed at kiosks, is this something we can do in skala.

thanks xx

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,277 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money changed

Hi ann,

Lots of tourist shops on Cephalonia will change sterling to euros.

I see no reason why Skala will be any different to the rest of the island though I have never needed to change money there.

Check the rates. We have found that more upmarket shops (jewellers etc.) gave a better rate than some of the "beach towel and postcard" shops.

There are also two ATMs in the town.

Enjoy your time on the island.

Bob

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
307 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money changed

Hi.

We used to change our money at Panem travel on the high street.

Enjoy your holiday to Skala.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: money changed

Opposite Veto's (a popular bar towards the bottom of Skala high street) is a currency exchange where you can change Sterling into Euro's.

I personally would take enough Euro's with me to Skala to exist on.

You may get a more favourable exchange rate in Skala than the UK, but if you cant exchange money and dont have any backup Euro's to survive off, you are courting unecessary trouble.

Skala has a few ATM machines, but if the village gets busy the ATM's can and do temporarily run out of cash. Nearest ATM's to Skala is in Poros 9 miles away. Buses to Poros are infrequent and return taxi fares

are far more than the cost of a good or bad exchange rate.

Edited: 7:53 am, May 05, 2013
4. Re: money changed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations