We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
4 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

Hi, we've just booked a cheap holiday to Skala but then realised it doesn't include transfers! We're on a really tight budget so need to keep costs down as much as possible.

Would you advise getting a taxi when we get to the airport or prebooking? Does anyone know how much it costs in a taxi to Skala if we just grab one when we arrive? Travelling Sunday 12th June should arrive around 6pm.

Thanks.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
733 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

It cost 50 Euros in 2010. You may be able to negotiate a better price but Fuel costs have shot up in Greece this year so that will probably be close to the price you would have to pay each way.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

Hi there

A taxi is the only option I'm afraid as there are no buses from the airport to anywhere else on the island. However, there are buses to Argostoli from Skala at 0615, 0900 and 1700 so if one of those ties in with your flight home, you can bus to Argostoli then take a cab from there to the airport. You arrive too late unfortunately to take a bus from Argostoli to Skala.

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
328 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

Hi

Unfortunately the bus won't work on the return to the airport unless you're going for something other than a week or two as there are no buses on Sundays.

Who are you flying with ............ sometimes they will let you book onto their transfer bus to resort, for a charge of course.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

Apologies. I missed your "Sunday" arrival comment, so it's a taxi or nothing.

Manchester
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

Thanks guys, thats really helpful, we actually come back on a Tuesday so the bus back could be an viable option.

We are flying out with Thomas Cook, I'm guessing they will have a shuttle service to Skala, or it's definately worth an ask, as the buses are usually pretty empty from my experience

Cheers

Cheshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

NB: Taxis Prebooked in Greece are allowed to start their meters on arrival

at the airport at the allocated time.

Taxi charges for prebooked taxis are slightly more expensive.

If your flight is delayed, your taxi journey could be very expensive,

as taxi drivers are allowed to charge waiting time.

Normally there are lots of taxis outside the airport when flights arrive on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Have never arrived at Kefalonia airport on a Sunday though.

Should you wish to prebook your Taxi with a reliable, good Skala Taxi Driver

I recommend George Gavrielatos;

Home: 26740.72207

Mobile: 6973858.258

Tell him:

IAsonas recommended you!

Taxi Fare: 45 Euros (Skala). 50 Euros (Porto Skala)

Kefalonia Airport to Skala is approximately 35km (23.0 miles)

Above fares are flat rate, not pre-booked.

Pre-booked Taxis are slightly more expensive when caught within 20 minutes of prearranged time.

Edited: 8:12 pm, May 06, 2011
7. Re: Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:29 am, May 22, 2012
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

It's really not a brilliant idea to splash someone's mobile number across the forums here as you seem to have done for your mate Denis on just about every post you've made so far. If I were you, I would remove them.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

Looks like a promo to me.

Athens, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Transfers from airport to Skala

It's not a promo.sorry if that was not allowed.I deleted my post.

If anyone needs a taxi in skala can pm me to tell him a mobile phone of denis(that i had good experience) and one more taxi driver i have the card with his mobile phone on it.

Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations