We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skala to Myrtos Beach

mn3
Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Skala to Myrtos Beach

Hi I am planning ahead somewhat as I am coming to Skala in June next year.

I will be bringing my baby for her first holiday - she will be about 18mths by then and so we do not want to do too much travelling by car.

Do you know how far it is to Myrtos Beach from Skala (and if it is worth the journey) or know of any not too long boat trips we could try to get there and any other places of interest!

Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skala to Myrtos Beach

Hi,

It isn't possible to do by bus but to drive it would probably take around 1 and a half hours including a stop. We usually tie it in with a stop at Assos on the way and then get to Fiskardo for lunch. We managed to do it fine with a 6 month old.

Captain Vangeli's does boat trips from Skala beach in front of the Anassa hotel. You can book tickets just opposite at Skallina tours. Last year he did Fiskardo and Aghia Efimia but there is no mention of Myrtos, maybe by next year though he may have one, you never know.

mn3
Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skala to Myrtos Beach

This is great thank you, much appreciated!

Could I also ask you as you have a 6mth old if you took your car seat with you or hired one to go with a rental car. I am unsure what to do for the best.

Thanks again

Maria

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skala to Myrtos Beach

At the time, we hired a car whilst there and took the car hire company's car seat. We rented through CBR and always have apart from once. At the time CBR were I think a franchise of Avis so the seat was very good. Before we hired we went to a few car hire agencies and asked to see their seats. They might have thought us mad, but I did see one very scary unsafe one.

My kids are now old enough to take booster seats, so we now take our own.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skala to Myrtos Beach

Hi there

Myrtos beach is reckoned on as being one of the most beautiful in Greece but in my opinion, the views from the coast road far outweight the beach itself which is mainly pebbles and the undertow makes swimming there a bit dodgy. Great place to watch the sunset from though as it faces due east.

If beaches are your main priority, there are plenty of superb beaches far closer to Skala.

peterborough
Level Contributor
979 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skala to Myrtos Beach

I think that about Myrtos too...looks fabulous from above..we only made the effort to go down once and were so disappointed we havn't bothered since.

6. Re: Skala to Myrtos Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Skala