We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop for fresh produce on way to rum point

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stop for fresh produce on way to rum point

We are arriving on Sunday afternoon and will be driving to a house rental out near Rum Point area. Is there a place on the way that might sell FRESH fruit and vegetables (farmer's market perhaps) that we could stop at on a Sunday? We would love to stock up on these items without having to backtrack all the way into Georgetown the following day. Any help would be great - Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stop for fresh produce on way to rum point

Start looking to the left-side of the road as soon as you leave the airport. You should pass multiple roadside produce stands. Produce selection will depend on the growing season.

You can usually find roadside stands located along the airport runway (fish and sometimes produce), near Spotts Beach (produce and sometimes juices, landscaping plants and more), just before Bodden Town on the right-side of the road a stand sometimes has produce and/or juices and coconut water, just outside of the Bodden Town line in Pease Bay at Woods Jerk center, and a little stand outside of a private home in Breakers. I am sure there are more, but those are the ones I can recall.

Edited: 12:23 pm, October 12, 2011
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stop for fresh produce on way to rum point

I don't know if you will find enough of a variety to stock up for the time that you are in GC--depending on your tastes, of course. But maybe it will give you a start for a few days.

Edited: 5:54 pm, October 12, 2011
Reply to: Where to stop for fresh produce on way to rum point
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bodden Town