We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Various writings about my trip to Chiapas...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Various writings about my trip to Chiapas...

This forum doesn't get much traffic, so I thought I'd share some stuff I've written about my trip last month to Chiapas. Since I can't embed pictures here, I'm going to link to entries on blogspot:

Notes about Chuches in San Cristobal, with a map: …blogspot.com/2013/04/the-churches-of-san-cr…

Trip to San Cristobal's Cemetery: …blogspot.com/2013/04/the-cemetery-in-san-cr…

Trip to Tenam Puente: …blogspot.com/2013/04/a-trip-to-tenam-puente…

A couple of days in Comitan: …blogspot.com/2013/04/a-couple-of-days-in-co…

Some sights in Chiapa de Corzo: …blogspot.com/2013/05/walking-around-chiapa-…

Sumidero Canyon: …blogspot.com/2013/05/sumidero-canyon.html

I stil need to write up something about Chamula...

San Cristobal de...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Various writings about my trip to Chiapas...

I'm courious to what you write about Chamula

California
Level Contributor
79 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Various writings about my trip to Chiapas...

Peter

Thank you for posting. Compared to other forums on TA Chiapas has very little. I have been trying to plan a trip in November of this year and have so many questions. I really like the freedom and flexibility renting a car offers. Do you think there are any problems with self driving to Comitan and Tenam Puente? The roadway in one of your blog pics looked well maintained. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Beth

San Cristobal de...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Various writings about my trip to Chiapas...

The road to Comitan is a good road but don't drive at night and watch the topes. Mexicans drive different than others so drive careful until you learn the rules.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,478 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Various writings about my trip to Chiapas...

Well that was an interesting trip down memory lane. I read through it all, even going back through some of your earlier destinations, most of which I'm lucky enough to be familiar with. Thanks for the pictures and the stories!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Various writings about my trip to Chiapas...

Peter,

Thank-you so much for sharing your photos, thoughts and descriptions. I really enjoyed looking through all your posts. I am lucky to be heading to Chiapas in July and August. It's nice to have something new to look at regarding Chiapas!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Various writings about my trip to Chiapas...

Thanks Peter. You're right this forum is pretty quiet so it is great to see a trip report.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Various writings about my trip to Chiapas...

Hey Beazor i recently went to chiapas. please contatc me if any quesions! im here to help

8. Re: Various writings about my trip to Chiapas...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 16, 2014