We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sumidero miradores

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
63 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Sumidero miradores

Has anyone driven to the top of Sumidero Canyon? I would be interested to know where the drive departs from, and how long to devote to it. We are hoping to combine the boat tour and drive into one manageable day.

Jaguar Adventours
Gear Rentals, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Explorando Chiapas
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, Eco Tours
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sumidero miradores

I have not, but have been thinking about it myself for a trip in April. The Moon guide to Chiapas mentions that there is a trolley which leaves from Tuxtla on weekends that stops at 5 miradores and takes three hours for the trip.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
18 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sumidero miradores

The last time I tried to go in June 2012, they were closed for renovation/construction. You should check with perhaps someone at a travel agency to see if they have reopened.

3. Re: Sumidero miradores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 20, 2014