We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport TO/FROM Siquijor

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Transport TO/FROM Siquijor

Anybody has any latest info on whether the super shuttle ferry still operates from Oslob to Larena and what the schedule is like?

Been finding alot of conflicting information on the Internet (some say daily trips, some say Thursday to Sunday trips only) and i cant find the boat schedule on the super shuttle ferry website.

Thanks!

Beijing
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transport TO/FROM Siquijor

Thanks a lot, very helpful! Seems that Coco Grove has some outdated ferry tables but still good overview.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transport TO/FROM Siquijor

Ferry schedules change a lot, depending on sea conditions.

My preferred company is Oceanjet. They have bigger and cleaner boats but their size can work against them too. Sometimes it takes a bit of time before they can "park" the boat properly. For smaller boats, Jayziel is a good company.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
1,971 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transport TO/FROM Siquijor

Yes, I now recall that I travelled on Jayziel: it was very pleasant even though the boat was full.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transport TO/FROM Siquijor

Owners are fr Siquijor, VL. And maintain their boats well.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transport TO/FROM Siquijor

@ Makima,

There are about 5 trips daily from Dumaguete to Siquijor daily (by delta, Ocean jet and Montenegro lines). As Victorian lad has rightly said, you can come to the Dumaguete ferry terminal and book tickets there. I think the last one is at 5 pm.

Delta Fast Ferries Schedule

Dumaguete-Siquijor Daily 6:00AM, 10:30AM, 2:30PM

Siquijor-Dumaguete Daily 8:00AM, 12:30, 5:00PM

I was at Siquijor a few months back. The ferries that take you are quiet big (not pump boat / bangka.) - they are made of steel (albeit a bit rusty!), have two decks (air con inside and with a small open deck on top. In fact they are similar to the ones that ply between Cebu and Tagbilaran. The sea journey takes 1 hour. The one we used did not have a car roro deck.

Some details of Siquijor on this travel blog - …blogspot.com/2013/…enchanting-siquijor.html

As far as places to stay are concerned - there are LOTS of good places to stay in Siquijor (we stayed at Coco grove, at ate at Hambilica - to see the cute fire flies - but next time, I will explore other places)

You may find the below posts and blogs on the same topic useful -

1) tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g664445-i12975-k60…

2) The geek travels - thetravelingnomad.com/2012/04/mystical-islan…

3) Ambot's blog - he took the Delta ferry - ambot-ah.com/dumaguete-and-siquijor-tour-in-…

4) Jenny took the Ocean jet fast ferry from Dumaguete to Larena - getfoxy.com/2010/…

5) Pinoy boy took Montenegro lines - pinoyboyjournals.com/2011/01/truth-about-siq…

6) Pinoy adventurista used Delta and has posted useful photos of the Dumageuete ferry terminal - pinoyadventurista.com/2012/03/en-route-to-si…

Beijing
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Transport TO/FROM Siquijor

Various ferries from Dumaguette to Siquijor. I took Ocean Jet. From Airport to Ferry Terminal maybe 15min by tricycle.

17. Re: Transport TO/FROM Siquijor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Siquijor Island