We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malpensa Airport to Domaso

Which Domaso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Malpensa Airport to Domaso

Dear experts,

I am heading to my sister's wedding in September 2013 which is being held in Domaso. My mother, my as yet unborn child and myself will be travelling together and other members of the family are coming later in the week. My question is, if we choose not to drive, what are the best options for us to transfer from Malpensa Airport to Domaso taking into consideration that all being well my baby will be approx 9 months old. I want to keep it as simple as possible and am myself not averse to various connections and types of transport. However it will obviously more difficult this time with a baby so I want to pick your brains about the most straightforward way to get there using public transport. I know I can get a shuttle but I can't really justify the cost.

Many thanks for your help in advance

1 reply
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,765 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Malpensa Airport to Domaso

By public transport, first take a train to Como. Enter Malpensa Aeroporto and Como Lago on http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html using a date this week to see fares as these are NA online more than seven days in advance. Buy tickets at Malpensa Airport station, there are no reserved seats, anda change of train is necessary at Saronno.

Como Lago station is close to the bus station where the bus starts for Domaso asfautolinee.it/Portals/…2010.pdf

There are also boats http://www.navlaghi.it/eng/c_orari.asp Timetables will be different in September.

Although it's shorter to go via Como, it may be faster to take the train from Malpensa Aeroporto to Colico (changing trains in Milano Centrale) then come back down the lake to Domaso on boat or bus. Check this using the links above.

Reply to: Malpensa Airport to Domaso
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Domaso
Recent Conversations