We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Argegno - reservations?

Kent
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dining in Argegno - reservations?

We are staying in Argegno in August.

I don't know how busy the restaurants will be, there don't seem to be very many.

We will want to dine in the restaurants most evenings,

should we make reservations before travelling? or would we generally be ok to make some reservations when we are there?

6 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,721 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining in Argegno - reservations?

It would depend on the restaurant IAN.M.G - Villa Belvedere would require a reservation, but even at Villa Belvedere, you would probably be fine to reserve on arrival. For most restaurants, you would be fine to reserve on arrival in Argegno, even in the afternoon for that night.

April in Argegno:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g664175-i15996-k…

Vagabonda

Edited: 2:13 pm, June 30, 2013
Kent
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining in Argegno - reservations?

Thank you, I guessed it may be like this, but it is always best to be one step ahead of my wife telling me I should have booked!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,721 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining in Argegno - reservations?

Well if you have a specific restaurant in mind for a specific night, then certainly book in advance to stay out of trouble with your wife! :-)

I was in Argegno last August and didn't book prior to my arrival, but if you're thinking the Villa Belvedere, you could certainly book from home.

But you could also book on arrival, even for the Val d'Intelvi options if you plan to hire a car.

Enoteca Pensavo Meglio is lovely, also for cheese and wine tasting!!

http://www.pensavomeglio.it/

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g664175-d3…

Enjoy!

Vagabondea

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining in Argegno - reservations?

we have a villa in argegno which we rent out under trip advisor, and therefore we are there throughout most of the summer holidays. we have never had to book, apart from Hotel belvedere, and they could fit us in on the next evening. Hope this helps, Most of the restaurants are good and some day menus are excellent, I can help you if you need it

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining in Argegno - reservations?

You don't need a restaurant reservation at most of the restaurants you can just turn up, if they don't have a table ready you can have a drink until one's free.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining in Argegno - reservations?

You might need to book at Piazetta or La Barchetta but only mid season.

Reply to: Dining in Argegno - reservations?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted