We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best road map

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
best road map

We will be travelling from Luxembourg to Lake Maggiore (Baveno) in May/June 2013, and I'm having difficulty sourcing a large scale driving map whilst in Italy, (I don't actually know what I'm looking for).

Can any one suggest an easy to ready map.

Many thanks

3 replies to this topic
Cheshire
Level Contributor
293 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best road map

Hi pennypops, there is a great road map done by Hallwag, you may be able to get it online direct or via www.swisstravelcentre.ch do a search "strassenkarte schweiz". Good luck!

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,232 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best road map

Hallwag makes wonderful maps but what you need is a map of Western Europe if you want to include Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and Italy. This means, necessarily, that the map is not going to show much local detail. If I were you I would buy separate maps for each country I want to explore - or even each region!

I have to say that since we got a GPS we hardly ever look at maps when travelling but we do use them to plan where we want to go... and mostly these days I use Google maps.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best road map

Thank you for your speedy replies. Much appreciated.

Have taken on board your suggestions, hopefully with great results.

Many thanks again

Reply to: best road map
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake Maggiore