We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The French Coffee Shop

Luhe, Heilongjiang...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
The French Coffee Shop

That place has been able to stay ranked number one by getting negative reviews removed. I have personally tried to post non-derogatory negative review 6 times. The owner even sent me a personal message insulting me for saying anything negative about his establishment. Why does this website let that happen? Since I can't post it in reviews, I'll post it here. We'll see how long it takes before this gets removed too.

Me and my lovely girlfriend visited the Philippines back in February and had an amazing time! I highly suggest going to Moalboal. The only downside we had was The French Coffee Shop. We had to wait 45 minutes for a coffee and a mocha. She ordered a salad which was never delivered yet was still on our check. We saw others wait even longer than us, yet others walked in and had their orders filled within 2 minutes.

The coffee was watered down when we got it. I strongly suggest staying away from this place despite the positive reviews you've read.

My question is, how do they get away with getting reviews deleted? Amazing how they only have 11 reviews while other places have above 40.

Savedra Dive Center
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The French Coffee Shop

I have been to Moalboal 6 times in the last 3 years, and have never even heard of " The French Coffee shop".

Where is it located?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The French Coffee Shop

I just looked at reviews for the above on TA, have never heard of the place, now #1 in Moalboal. Half the reviews are in French, and all from posters with less than 5 reviews/posts.

Looks a little suspect to me?

Moalboal...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The French Coffee Shop

this is new establishment in Panagsama,we have review from differents country, not only French, but of course the French tourist passing in front, like to visiting us and taste our different menu.

we never insult nobody, and we're realy surprised about mr Todd S, how have wrong comment about our establishment .by the way we invited both of you to visiting us and make your own comments !

thanks for the interrest you give to our place

the French Coffee Shop management

manila
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The French Coffee Shop

TA should remove reviews in French since they don't allow Filipino...

Moalboal...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The French Coffee Shop

good evening,

the French Coffee Shop open last september, we're in Panagsama, in front of Savedra resort, we're open daily 6am to 10 pm ,we serve breakfast, lunch, pastries, home made cake and now new, ice cream composition.

our coffee is imported from France, iwe serve espresso , cappuchino, caffe late...etc..

we're great to see you in our place when you comeback in Moalboal.

The French Coffee Shop

Luhe, Heilongjiang...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The French Coffee Shop

"your wrong on all the way !!

hope if you come back 1 day in Panagsama you can come here and talk to me face to face !"

You wrote that in a message to me after my original post. I'm amazed you were able to see it when nobody else could since it said pending.

Bottom line, your coffee shop gave me exceptionally bad service and you have been getting them to hide your negative reviews so you can trick more customers into giving you money.

The locals warned us about your restaurant. I wish we would have listened. Now you are trying to keep me from informing other great travelers.

I have nothing against you or anybody else. In fact, your shop is the only negative review I have ever written. Unfortunately, you are conning other great people just like you conned me.

Moalboal...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The French Coffee Shop

the principale of a forum are to exchange views, positive or negative, not to answer a post filled with hatred, agresivite, mechancete and personal attack as can be seen from the users of this blog !

also menbers and manager to the French Cofee Shop prefere to ignore and continue to work to better

satisfy all of is custumers as a usual.

Luhe, Heilongjiang...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The French Coffee Shop

Ladies and gentlemen, you've just seen the owner of this shop threaten me in a message then insult me in a forum. Do you really want to give this man your business? Imagine how his workers must feel.

The locals warned us to stay away. We should have taken their word for it.

Don't make the same mistake.

9. Re: The French Coffee Shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, July 26, 2013
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The French Coffee Shop

jade q, you appear to be an agent who lives in Moaboal, unlikely you will say objective about your friends, just all great stuff.